Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,102

2 members and 2,100 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,146
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Strider21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

How do you guys do it.

I have a secret.
    I am one of those people, that no matter the smile on my face & how happy I am.

I am completely broken inside

I should be happy, I just moved out & into my own apartment.
    I am finally away from everything, on my own.
    I am getting a restraining order on my ex.
    I haven't slept more than 3 hours in 2 days, i'm having nightmares.
    My family is falling apart.
    & I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to.
    My roomate doesn't understand, because she has a amazing family.
    People who support her, a mother who doesn't say
    "Get over it" When you come to her balling, and in pain and doesn't want to talk to you because she is to busy moving far away from you with her new boyfriend.

I am losing my composure, I am so tired that I am not cooherant.
    I feel like my animals are all I have, and I don't know how much more I can take.

My ex has threatened my life, and has made me paranoid so I don't want to go anywhere.

I am 21 years old, and just want to give up everything. I don't have anyone.
    Someone please tell me why I should even try anymore.
    ♂ - Mojave, ♂ - Enchi, ♂ - Spider, ♂ - Lesser, ♂ - Yellowbelly, ♀ - Normal
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001390853035

Thanks

Re: How do you guys do it.

You know why you should try?

Because we ALL care and love you!

No, not all of us know you personally.

But we DO know that you are a great person, who is sweet, kind, caring, and considerate. And that is enough for me.

You make a difference to every person that you help. You made a difference to me telling me that you hope I had a better day, which made my day!

There are a million reasons why you should still try. Just wait and find out

Bunch of love,
    Mac
    ~!* Mackenzie R. *!~
    (Middletown, Ohio, USA)
    ~ 1.0.0 python regius "*Ozzy*". ~

Formerly known as " Sadistic Serpent "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RR - Mackenzie For This Useful Post:

shescountry89 (06-26-2010)

Registered User akaprincesssophia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic Serpent View Post
    You know why you should try?

Because we ALL care and love you!

No, not all of us know you personally.

But we DO know that you are a great person, who is sweet, kind, caring, and considerate. And that is enough for me.

You make a difference to every person that you help. You made a difference to me telling me that you hope I had a better day, which made my day!

There are a million reasons why you should still try. Just wait and find out
    X2!!
    u cant give up for the simple fact that ur not a quiter and ur stronger than that. i was kinda in the same boat as u with feelin like everyhing around me falling apart and i have no one to look to but there is always someone to come to, u have a whole BP.net here for u i know from experience that things will get better so NEVER give up. look for comfort in ur good friends and most of all in ur pets were here for u when u need someone to talk to so NEVER EVER give up cuz when things get bad they can only get better from there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to akaprincesssophia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

For $20 you can get a crackhead to kick the crap out of your ex!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FatBoy For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (06-26-2010)

Thanks

"If it is to be, it is up to me."
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

Why? I will tell you why. I cant speak for everyone but I have been their. Trust me it is not easy. But there is a light at the end of this dark and dismal road. You will always have people that care about you. Your mother is to caught up in her own life to realize what she is doing and she will see it one day and regret it. She may not say anything to you but she will feel guilty about it. As far as your ex just cut all ties with him and do not feed into his shenanigans.

You are a very pretty girl and will find find that someone special, but do not jump into anything to fast. Give your self sometime to adapt to your new surroundings.

Now go and pick up your favorite snake and go sit in your favorite chair and just veg out.

If you need to talk you know where to find some great people that care about you.

Take care of YOURSELF!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Repsrul For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Everybody gets overwhelmed with life at some point, and you've definitely got a lot on your plate. It's 100% valid and OK to be freaked out about it. That said, you CAN get through it. Being out on your own can be daunting, but once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back to living with your parents. The freedom to live your own life and make your own rules is huge.

Regarding your ex, I read your other thread on him a while ago, and he sounds like a significant problem, but always remember that your life is worth more than anyone who would ever threaten you. Getting a restraining order is definitely a good first step. You can't let him prevent you from living your life, though. You have to keep doing what you normally would, albeit perhaps with a little more alertness.

Your roommate may not understand, but given some time, she probably will, and I imagine she cares about you at least a little bit.

Sleep can be tough in a situation like yours - if it was me, I'd get on my bike and ride until I just couldn't anymore, then take a long shower. Exercise of any kind can be just the thing to get you to relax. It uses up a lot of that pent-up nervous energy, releases endorphins, and can also get your mind off of things. I find that I sleep better after exercise than just about any other time, plus it's great stress relief when I'm nervous/angry/<insert strong emotion here>.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll eventually find your way.
    Mountain bikes are for slow people, and reptiles are far better pets than cats & dogs!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to olstyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

take a vacation for you! Get a friend and go, far away, have a great time! no worries.... just forget it all take a break, relax... and when you come back, you will be able to handle it

I only hope for the best for you!
    Last edited by dc4teg; 06-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dc4teg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Everybody gets overwhelmed with life at some point, and you've definitely got a lot on your plate. It's 100% valid and OK to be freaked out about it. That said, you CAN get through it. Being out on your own can be daunting, but once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back to living with your parents. The freedom to live your own life and make your own rules is huge.

Regarding your ex, I read your other thread on him a while ago, and he sounds like a significant problem, but always remember that your life is worth more than anyone who would ever threaten you. Getting a restraining order is definitely a good first step. You can't let him prevent you from living your life, though. You have to keep doing what you normally would, albeit perhaps with a little more alertness.

Your roommate may not understand, but given some time, she probably will, and I imagine she cares about you at least a little bit.

Sleep can be tough in a situation like yours - if it was me, I'd get on my bike and ride until I just couldn't anymore, then take a long shower. Exercise of any kind can be just the thing to get you to relax. It uses up a lot of that pent-up nervous energy, releases endorphins, and can also get your mind off of things. I find that I sleep better after exercise than just about any other time, plus it's great stress relief when I'm nervous/angry/<insert strong emotion here>.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll eventually find your way.
    Living on my own was one of my actual dreams, and it's finally come true. But since my roomate is not moved in yet I am afriad to be alone. I am on edge, and haven't eaten in almost 48 hours. My roomate TRIES to understand, but she says she really doesn't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Repsrul View Post
    Why? I will tell you why. I cant speak for everyone but I have been their. Trust me it is not easy. But there is a light at the end of this dark and dismal road. You will always have people that care about you. Your mother is to caught up in her own life to realize what she is doing and she will see it one day and regret it. She may not say anything to you but she will feel guilty about it. As far as your ex just cut all ties with him and do not feed into his shenanigans.

You are a very pretty girl and will find find that someone special, but do not jump into anything to fast. Give your self sometime to adapt to your new surroundings.

Now go and pick up your favorite snake and go sit in your favorite chair and just veg out.

If you need to talk you know where to find some great people that care about you.

Take care of YOURSELF!
    The reasons my family is falling apart, is because my mom cares only about herself and no one else. I can be sitting there balling my eyes out and she'll shrug it off, tell me to get over it and go on complaining about how her life sucks because she can't afford anything. Even though she takes random days off work, almost 4 at a time to go on mini vacations with her new bf to go fishing. I am stuck in the middle of a war, and can't put any words in or i'll get yelled at.

I've said it before, and i'll say it agian that it's sad when you have so much to say and no one to say it too. When you bottle it up inside, and the only people you can really vent to is online. I know there are a lot of great people on here, and I am thankful for that.

Recently, it was my sisters birthday. My mom hasn't seen her grandkids in 2 months and she told me she didn't want to go to the party because she had better things to do. What does that tell you? I only seen my dad once a month, he has a new family, and even though I have lived with my mom my entire life he understands me more.

I should be so HAPPY right now, but everything is drained out of me.
    ♂ - Mojave, ♂ - Enchi, ♂ - Spider, ♂ - Lesser, ♂ - Yellowbelly, ♀ - Normal
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001390853035

Registered User ColdBloodedCarnival's Avatar
    Thanks

You're a good person and you have a lot of support from the good people on this forum! You may feel like you're dealing with this alone, but trust me you're not. We are all here for you!

You have to remind yourself that the pain you may be feeling, no matter how bad, is only matched by the beauty that still exists all around you! It may not seem like it now, but it's moments like these that will make you stronger in the long run! The troubling times that test one's heart and soul will end up doubling the strength of your resolve, courage, and compassion! You'll get through this and you'll come out on the other side stronger then ever!

Try to focus on the things that make you happy. Try to discover new things that will bring you happiness. You're much stronger then you realize and you can take this pain and turn it into positive forces.

It's hard for others to see into our individual "mental prisons". Your roommate most likely cares for you but just doesn't understand how deep these holes we can fall into get... You say you don't have anyone but just look at the positive responses you've received just in the last hour! You've been there for us in the past and now we are all here for you now! We may not be sitting there right next to you but we all offer our virtual shoulders you can cry on anytime you need to! .. As for the insomnia - I know all about that! Olstyn has it right - try to exercise before going to bed. It can be extremely hard to fall asleep when you have a lot on your mind. The best thing you can do is to try and sleep ONLY when you are really exhausted. Exercise is also a great way to release some pent up negative energy!

Just keep pushing forward. It will be worth it in the end. I promise.
    -T. Ross

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ColdBloodedCarnival For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast