Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,239

1 members and 3,238 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: help!!

Thanks

Re: help!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacob985 View Post
    i tryed my best..he died this morning. i did everything i could it just wasnt enough...
    Sorry to hear. You just have to think to yourself stuff like this happens and there is nothing you can do about it. You tried your best and did the best you could. Again I'm sorry. =/

I had a Bearded Dragon that died 3-4 days after I got her and after she died I found out the old owners didn't have the right UVB light they were just using a plain Florescent bulb so she wasn't getting any UV rays and the Calcium couldn't develop correctly which caused her to be Egg Bound because her eggs didn't develop right cause she didn't have enough Calcium. I was very upset but stuff like this happens.
    Last edited by hunter94; 07-02-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Easy there! Reminder of the TOS:

Call me suspicious, but I won't believe it's a super cinny or super form of a morph that someone just let go until I see pictures as proof (with proof of the wound). Something's just not adding up - and it's not passing my smell test.
    What...you think it is odd that someone would find a very rare pet in the wild and that someone would just so happen to be someone who would recognize it was a ball python and take it in. AND they also kept ball pythons themselves... And further more this lucky individual is only two or three people in the US who does not have a camera cell phone or digital camera....AND there is no vet around to help.

I find that you are way to cynical....shame on you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mozbink View Post
    What...you think it is odd that someone would find a very rare pet in the wild and that someone would just so happen to be someone who would recognize it was a ball python and take it in. AND they also kept ball pythons themselves... And further more this lucky individual is only two or three people in the US who does not have a camera cell phone or digital camera....AND there is no vet around to help.

What would he have to gain from lying about any of this? your suggestion he is lying makes no sense whatsoever, no reward no motive, end of story!

About your poor rescue passing away man, that really sucks, I am sorry that happened to him...

So sad too as it seemed the snake was doing well considering it was eating and everything! Atleast it was more comfortable with you rather than out in the woods!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Are you saying it is "rare" to find a ball python in the wild?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it happens much more often then you think. These pets are not very rare at all. There are stories in the news all the time of them sneaking in to peoples houses, yards, or cars. There is even a member here who found one behind a coca cola machine and named it Cola!

Also, there are plenty of people who don't have a cell phone that can take pictures or send pictures to a computer, and plenty more without a digital camera. Surprisingly enough, there are also not that many reptile vets around. Especially in rural areas.
    ~Steffe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    Are you saying it is "rare" to find a ball python in the wild?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it happens much more often then you think. These pets are not very rare at all. There are stories in the news all the time of them sneaking in to peoples houses, yards, or cars. There is even a member here who found one behind a coca cola machine and named it Cola!

Also, there are plenty of people who don't have a cell phone that can take pictures or send pictures to a computer, and plenty more without a digital camera. Surprisingly enough, there are also not that many reptile vets around. Especially in rural areas.
    Well my definition of rare is something that occurs infrequent. I stand corrected. Since it is not rare to find them in the wild, or even having them roam into my own house I think I will hold off on looking for any good deals on morphs online and just look to the woods or wait in my living room for one to show up. Maby there will be one behind the cola machine at the next reptile show.
    Last edited by mozbink; 07-02-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Well my definition of rare is something that occurs infrequent. I stand corrected. Since it is not rare to find them in the wild, or even having them roam into my own house I think I will hold off on looking for any good deals on morphs online and just look to the woods or wait in my living room for one to show up. Maby there will be one behind the cola machine at the next reptile show.
    Well the snake was not a morph. It was a normal ball python.

You seem to think this kind of event is rare enough that the OP is likely lying about their situation.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ghlight=kismet

I am still trying to dig up the couple of news articles I have seen about ball pythons being found in cars and in homes.

EDIT: Not a ball python but this is one of the stories I was thinking about:
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...d+python+couch

annndd:
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...python+vehicle
    Last edited by Kaorte; 07-02-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    ~Steffe

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789