Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

2 members and 3,340 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

TMZ reports Dave Batista and Strikeforce negotiations hit a snag

MMA News: TMZ reports Dave Batista and Strikeforce negotiations hit a snag; would Batista fight Bobby Lashley?

Jun 23, 2010 - 9:48:28 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

TMZ reports today that former WWE star Dave Batista's negotiations with the Strikeforce MMA promotion have hit a snag.

TMZ's latest report on Batista possibly making the transition to MMA identifies money and scheduling as the two main issues preventing a finalized contract.

Batista and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker have reportedly "hammered out most of the details in their contract." Batista is apparently seeking more money.

Regarding scheduling, TMZ reports Batista's calendar is full with yet-to-be-disclosed TV and movie deals. It appears Batista and Strikeforce have not been able to work out an agreement on dates.

One potential opponent - most-likely down the line - is Bobby Lashley, who is currently affiliated with Strikeforce. TMZ reports that Batista "will fight anyone, Lashley included."

Caldwell's Analysis: All of this still comes with the caveat that Batista has yet to officially enter MMA. It still seems like a stretch for Batista to make the transition without the competitive fighting background, his history of injuries, and his age. Strikeforce would certainly like to build to an eventual Batista vs. Lashley fight, but the first thing that has to happen is Batista officially entering MMA.
    I don't personally think Batista would do good in mma but that is just my opinion...
    Jeff Bernard

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: TMZ reports Dave Batista and Strikeforce negotiations hit a snag

i think that too. hes doing ok on wrestling, but mma is a higher class- thats real fighting...

also his body is to big to be a fast mma fighter (imo)

Thanks

What is it with these wrestlers wanting to become MMA stars? They have never had a fight and want all of this money and fight top dogs. PROVE yourself first. Just because they lift weights and fly around a ring does not mean they can jump right into the octagon. Don't get me wrong I watched wrestling and still do at times and it takes guts to do what they do but it is like comparing apples to oranges.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Repsrul For This Useful Post:

iCandiBallPythons (06-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Repsrul View Post
    What is it with these wrestlers wanting to become MMA stars? .
    Just a guess, but MMA is the popular, next big thing.

Lesnar did it with moderate success ( in his fans eyes he's the best thing since sliced bread , realistically he fights cans ), So Batista may have a shot. Have him fight some washed iup guys and he'll look great. Who knows what kind of training he's done? I sure don't.

He is a bit on the old side, I think he's in his 40's.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by granitestate View Post

Lesnar did it with moderate success ( in his fans eyes he's the best thing since sliced bread , realistically he fights cans ), So Batista may have a shot. Have him fight some washed iup guys and he'll look great. Who knows what kind of training he's done? I sure don't.

Well comparing Lesnar to Batista is like comparing apples to oranges IMO. Lesnar has a legit wrestling background like many other former MMA champs. Lesnar is quicker and younger then Batista. Basista is 44 and Lesnar is 32. I personally do not think Batista has what it takes.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by granitestate View Post

wait.. what? he fought Cans? are you freakin serious? Mir, Coutour, and Heather Herring, out of those 3, only Mir is anywhere close to being a can, the other 2 are very respectable fighters, one of which is a ufc Hall of Famer. Since when is holding a Heavyweight Title considered "moderate success"
    Ken

1.0 Western Hognose - Khan