Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,179

2 members and 3,177 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My first online order--go figure

Quote Originally Posted by bsash View Post
    I really would not be able to let that go, you should tell them that you will sue them for the value of the animal for their negligence and refusal to ship in a timely manner.
    For starters, shipping snakes is against UPS's policy for the general public. There's a few breeders who were grandfathered in from back when they allowed it. Shipyourreptiles.com does not allow the shipping of snakes at the moment thanks to some irresponsible people who can't do something as simple as package a snake properly. With that said, both UPS and FedEx take no responsibility for anything that happens to live animals shipped through them. You sign a waiver agreeing to this when you open a shipping account with them.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m00kfu For This Useful Post:

alohareptiles (06-22-2010),cinderbird (06-20-2010),kellysballs (06-20-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    For starters, shipping snakes is against UPS's policy for the general public. There's a few breeders who were grandfathered in from back when they allowed it. Shipyourreptiles.com does not allow the shipping of snakes at the moment thanks to some irresponsible people who can't do something as simple as package a snake properly. With that said, both UPS and FedEx take no responsibility for anything that happens to live animals shipped through them. You sign a waiver agreeing to this when you open a shipping account with them.

I second this. Honestly you and the shipper don't have a leg to stand on legally. After receiving a package shipped through ship your reptiles (before they "officially" stopped shipping snakes) I deceided I will only buy from fed ex certified sellers/breeders. If they are not fed ex certified and they are to far away to drive to then they are marked off my list no matter how nice the animal.

Unfortunatley you and your new addition have to go through this. I hope that you animal makes it you alive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kellysballs For This Useful Post:

alohareptiles (06-22-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even thinking of suing a corporation as large as UPS with their corporate attorney's for a few hundred dollars is not worth it. You'd pay more in legal fees than the value of the animal, and because UPS does not allow shipping of snakes except for a very few exceptions, they have no liability and you'd likely not win the case.

Threatening them with a lawsuit would most likely just make them

I'd also like to note - this is EXACTLY why MOST breeders will not ship out on a Thursday - because if there are any problems, you have to wait until Monday for the next shipment. I only ship M-W.
    Last edited by rabernet; 06-20-2010 at 10:14 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

alohareptiles (06-22-2010),cinderbird (06-20-2010),stratus_020202 (06-20-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post

I'd also like to note - this is EXACTLY why MOST breeders will not ship out on a Thursday - because if there are any problems, you have to wait until Monday for the next shipment. I only ship M-W.
    Robin is exactly right. A responsible breeder will not ship on a thursday for this exact reason. Animal shipping is monday thru wednesday incase something gets lost in the process. id suggest letting the breeder you purchased from know this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cinderbird For This Useful Post:

alohareptiles (06-22-2010)

Thanks

My two cents - I only allow the shipper (if they don't already) to ship M - F so if something were to happen, there would be a window for correction. I really hope your snake turns up safe. Keep us posted.

Thanks

GREAT news! The pastel girl was delivered this morning (Monday) and was alive and well, albeit a bit cranky (she struck out as soon as we tried to unpackage her). I am quite surprised, but extremely relieved, that she made it here okay.

She's now settling down in her quarantine tub and I'll probably give her a week or two before trying to handle or feed her. I'm sure she's been through hell.

Just thought I'd post this update And I'm going to take everyone's advice about only shipping Monday through Thursday for future shipments... after this headache, I am just never going to risk it again!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missmary For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (06-30-2010),jfreels (07-01-2010),stratus_020202 (06-30-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by missmary View Post
    GREAT news! The pastel girl was delivered this morning (Monday) and was alive and well, albeit a bit cranky (she struck out as soon as we tried to unpackage her). I am quite surprised, but extremely relieved, that she made it here okay.

She's now settling down in her quarantine tub and I'll probably give her a week or two before trying to handle or feed her. I'm sure she's been through hell.

Just thought I'd post this update And I'm going to take everyone's advice about only shipping Monday through Thursday for future shipments... after this headache, I am just never going to risk it again!
    Oh, I'm so relieved she made it! I had a feeling she would, though, since BPs are pretty sturdy animals. Congrats on the new baby, and definitely do pre-Wednesday shipping from now on... most of the people I've ordered from only ship Mon-Wed, for that very reason.
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    Robin is exactly right. A responsible breeder will not ship on a thursday for this exact reason. Animal shipping is monday thru wednesday incase something gets lost in the process. id suggest letting the breeder you purchased from know this.
    I'm so surprised Ben shipped on Thursday...I've ordered from him with no problem at all but I will only do usually M - W (prefer M/T)...But just remember like it was stated there is no recourse and trying to sue either of the big co's would be a joke and waste of time...I just got a Tic that got delayed in an airport for a day and pushed so bad he messed up his face horribly...It's not the breeders fault, nor UPS and basically crap luck for me...But I don't need his face to be pretty as long as he breeds for me...
    I'm FedEx Certified...
    Bearded Dragon's and a small collection of snakes are my focus...
    "When the ocean dies, surfing dies..."
    "Punish the deed, not the breed..."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    Come again?

Alan Bosch
    Ken Foose
    Ben Siegel
    Brent Bielstein
    Tom Stevens

........have all shipped to me Thursday for Friday delivery. So have some other people who frequent this forum and who have impeccable reputations.

Are they irresponsible?
    Last edited by Skiploder; 06-24-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    Come again?

Alan Bosch
    Ken Foose
    Ben Siegel
    Brent Bielstein
    Tom Stevens

........have all shipped to me Thursday for Friday delivery. So have some other people who frequent this forum and who have impeccable reputations.

Are they irresponsible?
    I have shipped on Thursday, and received snakes that were shipped on Thursday, but I prefer not to. I don’t think that makes me irresponsible. Sometimes that is the only day that the person is there to receive the package. I personally work Sunday through Thursday, so Friday is the only day that I am able to receive packages.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast