Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,118

1 members and 3,117 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,551
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics

Thread: Lost and Found

Thanks

Lost and Found

So it's feeding day today and upon bringing home all the rodents and checking my first to be fed male 66% het clown's tank the lid was slightly ajar and he was nowhere to be found. My dad recently had company over (Saturday) and was showing them the collection and must have forgotten to latch the lid shut (he doesn't have people over often so he was quite flustered with all the excitement). Just as a little side note my mom was never much of a fan of getting any snakes for just this reason becuase she's intimidated by them and was worried one would escape. So my dad and I are freaking out taking apart our cluttered snake room looking in all the dark spots possible. One hour later we found him hiding imbetween the bedframe (yes theres a bed in our snake room ) and the box springs. Needless to say we considered ourselves quite lucky that he had not gone far considering the fact that the last time we knew for sure he was in his enclosure was more than 2 days ago. Just thought I'd share that bit of luck and adventure with you all.

P.S. he's now sitting comfortably under his hide with a fat meal in his belly as is the rest of the collection

Thanks

Re: Lost and Found

loosing a snake is the worst feeling! My male pastel escaped one night between the time I went to bed and woke up, I instantly knew he was gone and saw the lid of his enclosure slightly open. I have work at 830 and woke up around 7 and started looking. I noticed a vent was open in the room near his enclosure so I was pretty worried he had gone down. I spent my day at work calling plummers, vent cleaners, exterminators trying to find someone who would come out and camera my lines and tell me if my snake was down there. I got home and checked one more time before setting up the appt with which a plummer was going to come out and do for me, and I found him about 4 inches from the vent opening underneath a shoebox and bag..I looked everywhere around him for hours!! But lucky me I found him.

Glad you found your buddy, losing one is devastating.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGOBLUE For This Useful Post:

n3m0_ (06-14-2010)

Thanks

Re: Lost and Found

I keep a big note above the lightswitch in the room. LOCK THE CAGES AND CLOSE THE LIDS! I see it every time I exit the room.

Left the lid off my RTB once, thankfully she was just chillin' on the top bein' all aborial.
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF