Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,268

0 members and 3,268 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Mischief cats, or maybe misfit cats, post here!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBloodedCarnival View Post
    Well, this isn't a cat - but it is mischievous!!

This is my Small Spotted African Genet!!
    Now THAT'S an awesome animal!
    Last edited by sarahlovesmiike; 06-11-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, this isn't a cat - but it is mischievous!!

This is my Small Spotted African Genet!!
    Holy cow that's the coolest thing I've ever seen!!!! It's gorgeous!!!! Does it make a good pet? And if it isn't a cat what is it?!

Registered User ColdBloodedCarnival's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mischief cats, nd think he is an amazing pet - buor maybe misfit cats, post here!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlovesmiike View Post
    Now THAT'S an awesome animal!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Holy cow that's the coolest thing I've ever seen!!!! It's gorgeous!!!! Does it make a good pet? And if it isn't a cat what is it?!
    Thanks!!! Genets are of the viverridae family and are related to civets.

Does he make a good pet? That really depends on what you're looking for in a companion animal. I absolutely LOVE him and think he is an amazing pet - but he can really be a handful. He is definitely a wild animal and can become aggressive around food and territory. He is mostly litter trained. He can be extremely affectionate and loving with me but he becomes nervous and skiddish around other people (especially other guys). He is definitely curious, playful, and independent like a cat. He is easy to upset though - if, for instance, I refuse to share my dinner with him he can become pretty aggravated. He'll start running around the room making these *huff* noises and he can get bitey and scratchy (you can always see scratches on my arms from him) - and if he knows I'm watching he'll pee on my pillow or something like that. I let him run around freely for the most part. If he gets in a bad mood and becomes bitey I put him in a cage I built (think REALLY big ferret enclosure) until he calms down.

He's a challenging but rewarding animal to have. I really love him - he's such an amazing and unique creature. Oh, he also purrs like a cat!
    -T. Ross

Thanks

My cat is to lazy to get into any trouble...but she laughs at my jokes, at least I think she is laughing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonygreif/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tonyaltn

2.0 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Albino Burmese Python
    0.1 Pastel Boa BCI
    1.0 Dwarf Boa
    1.0 Dwarf Boa (Different Locality)
    1.0 Reverse Okeetee Corn

Thanks

I think you should hyave named him "Trouble" LOL. Those pictures were to darn funny! Thanks for sharing!
    Mama to 4 rescues and my son,Chandler, born silently 12/18/96:

0:1 Dobie/Shep mix "Shanti
    0:1 Brittany Spaniel mix "Jasmine"
    1:0 Cornish Rex "Johnny"
    1:0 BP adult "Tanveer

Thanks

Here's a Bengal I had

We had to get rid of the pair but the wife is undergoing allergy shots so we can get another pair

HYPER little buggers!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks!!! Genets are of the viverridae family and are related to civets.

Does he make a good pet? That really depends on what you're looking for in a companion animal. I absolutely LOVE him and think he is an amazing pet - but he can really be a handful. He is definitely a wild animal and can become aggressive around food and territory. He is mostly litter trained. He can be extremely affectionate and loving with me but he becomes nervous and skiddish around other people (especially other guys). He is definitely curious, playful, and independent like a cat. He is easy to upset though - if, for instance, I refuse to share my dinner with him he can become pretty aggravated. He'll start running around the room making these *huff* noises and he can get bitey and scratchy (you can always see scratches on my arms from him) - and if he knows I'm watching he'll pee on my pillow or something like that. I let him run around freely for the most part. If he gets in a bad mood and becomes bitey I put him in a cage I built (think REALLY big ferret enclosure) until he calms down.

He's a challenging but rewarding animal to have. I really love him - he's such an amazing and unique creature. Oh, he also purrs like a cat!
    Oh wow that's neat! I definitely couldn't have him for a pet! I don't care for being bit at all, and I'm sure he could do some damage! That is so odd he isn't a cat, he sure looks/acts like one. He's really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaltn View Post
    My cat is to lazy to get into any trouble...but she laughs at my jokes, at least I think she is laughing

My fat cat, Stuart, is usually too lazy to get into trouble! Very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaLuv View Post
    I think you should hyave named him "Trouble" LOL. Those pictures were to darn funny! Thanks for sharing!
    He is trouble!!! He's a momma boy, so I can't help but love him. We have been having lots of storms and he makes me hold him because he's scared, lol.

I just looked back through the pictures and noticed the lamp in the plant picture didn't have a lamp shade. That was thanks to him as well. Everything we've bought for our new house has been heavy duty just for that reason. So far the house has been holding up against Enzo's wrath I have come home to find him hanging from the top of my curtains though

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    Here's a Bengal I had

We had to get rid of the pair but the wife is undergoing allergy shots so we can get another pair

HYPER little buggers!

Very cute! I hear they can be quite the handful!
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 06-20-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Well, I just had to prove it's not always black & white cats... Sometimes it's grey & white cats lol! This is Psycho. Yes thats been his name since he was a tiny baby for obvious reasons. He always runs around the house full speed jumping over everything he can and then back again. Sounds like a heavy dog running. Every day he steals laundry and drags it out into the front room. Socks, underwear, shirts etc.. He sits outside the bedroom door and howls if he's left out. He follows you around meowing the entire time no matter where you go in the house. He plays fetch and brings it back to you. He loves to fight and bite on people. He attacks feet.

He is half regular domestic shorthair tabby cat and half Turkish Angora. His fur is thick and like silk. You just cant stop touching him once you have felt it.

~Most recent picture taken today 6/20/10

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post

Oh my gosh, that is such a cute picture! <3

Here's my favorite picture of my kitty. He's a major cuddlebug and he'll follow people around and meow until they pick him up and hug him. He doesn't seem to be very fond of snakes though...
    0.1 07 Normal "Bigsnake"
    1.0 08 Lesser "Congo"
    1.0 12 Piebald "Pixel"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    Well, I just had to prove it's not always black & white cats... Sometimes it's grey & white cats lol! This is Psycho. Yes thats been his name since he was a tiny baby for obvious reasons. He always runs around the house full speed jumping over everything he can and then back again. Sounds like a heavy dog running. Every day he steals laundry and drags it out into the front room. Socks, underwear, shirts etc.. He sits outside the bedroom door and howls if he's left out. He follows you around meowing the entire time no matter where you go in the house. He plays fetch and brings it back to you. He loves to fight and bite on people. He attacks feet.

He is half regular domestic shorthair tabby cat and half Turkish Angora. His fur is thick and like silk. You just cant stop touching him once you have felt it.

~Most recent picture taken today 6/20/10

He's very cute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Here's my favorite picture of my kitty. He's a major cuddlebug and he'll follow people around and meow until they pick him up and hug him. He doesn't seem to be very fond of snakes though...
    Cute! That picture reminds me of my Luna!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast