Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,108

2 members and 3,106 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    My domains are registered through Dynadot. Very reliable, never had any issues, good prices.

I'm still looking for the perfect webhost...many start out good, and then develop problems as they don't expand when more people join.

As for the site itself--I recommend folks look into a CMS, or something like what I'm using currently for mine, which is simply a ZenCart set to gallery. There is a learning curve, and it takes a while to learn how to set it up and customize it, but once it's done, it's a dream to manage on the back end.

If you do go shopping for someone to create your site for you, get references, look at examples of their work, and get a contract with a set time frame.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Building your website

Quote Originally Posted by Peoples View Post
    So here's input from a Web Developer (thats me )

Personally I've worked with godaddy and their domain and hosting is awesome. Those that say it sucks simply can't find their way around.

I'd also suggest you go with a professional web developer than with a DIY approach so you get pointed in the right direction.

Your other option would be to simply contact me for a hassle free development service and reasonable rates on development that won't run you major expense.
    About your negative rep point for my post about yola.... we all aren't web designers first of all. For those of us that have no training on how to build our own site, yola works great. It's easy to use for just about anyone that doesn't have a whole lot of computer knowledge. I have had my yola site for over 3 years and couldn't be happier. I don't plan on ever leaving yola, they have great technical support and they keep things updated. You can't go on my site and say it sucks just because I use a "drag and drop" web hoster.

And by the way, this thread is almost 2 years old...
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 01-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12