Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,262

1 members and 3,261 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: adopted a ball python new here a bit scared

Quote Originally Posted by wispurs View Post
    You said he wouldnt like sleeping with me, he did.
    Whoah! your serious about this? On top of the obvious dangers of the snake getting crushed, lost etc. im sure your house is not the correct temperature for snakes to survive in. One time when my snake managed to open the top of my cage where the clap had been off a little bit, i found her in my floor board heater and had to take the whole thing apart to get her out.

There is so much that could go wrong here i would really recommend keeping him/her in her cage through the night. But nobody is perfect, i have fells asleep with the snake on me before for about 30 mins. That is not a nice feeling to wake up to knowing the snake was out and now she isn't in sight!
    0.1.0 BP { NyXx }

Thanks

You said he wouldnt like sleeping with me, he did. you said dont switch him to prekilled mice or he wont eat, he did, you said dont hold him or he wont eat, he ate it right out of my hands with no problem on the first try! you said he wont be happy if i do all these things, and he is. you said he wont love me, but guess what?!!! he does!

... and what?!
    Lmao. This can't be a serious post... I think you've all been had.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy78 For This Useful Post:

snakecharmer3638 (05-26-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cboocks View Post
    You came here looking for the advice of people who have owned and bred these snakes for years. The least you can do is be appreciative of these strangers trying to help you and keep your animal healthy when you bought an animal you knew nothing about. All we are simply trying to do is give you advice; something you came looking for. If you refuse to take it, fine, but you don't have to go off and throw it in the faces of those kind enough to try to help. Simply thank them and restrain from rudeness.
    Why are you so upset with me? Arent i allowed to be excited that my snake loves me, and switched to prekilled mice and ate the on the first try in a new home on a new diet? Im not trying to throw it in anyones face that their snakes dont love them and mine loves me. Im just excited that mine does. thats all. Im sorry if i offended anyone

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

I think its the sleeping with the snake bit that none of us are okay with.

I honestly didn't think the snake would have any problem switching to pre killed or thawed. most don't have any issued switching over.

BUT your snake still does not LOVE you. It just TOLERATES you. They are not capable of the emotion "love" because they do not have a social structure at all. They don't care for their young.

I would compare sleeping with your snake just as dangerous as sleeping with an infant. Many children have died because a parent has rolled on top of them and suffocated them to death. Think of how easily this could happen with your pet whom you obviously care greatly about.
    ~Steffe

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

CeLLLLL (05-27-2010),Chocolate Muffin's (05-27-2010),Fallout32 (05-27-2010),MustBeSatan (05-26-2010),wispurs (05-26-2010)

Thanks

im still new to keeping snakes aswell and i would highly recoment listening to the people on here there's so much you can learn from them.

please try not to sleep with your snake the risks are so bad. junior my bp managed to get down the back of the leather couch after i took my eyes off him for a minute and needless to say i was in some state (luckily the backs held on with velcro so i got him out ok when i figured this out) just imagine where your snake that you love could get to if he/she decides to move when your asleep. its just a matter of time before it happens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to punkoldschool For This Useful Post:

wispurs (05-26-2010)

Thanks

Omg this thread is hilarious!
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

You said he wouldnt like sleeping with me, he did. you said dont switch him to prekilled mice or he wont eat, he did, you said dont hold him or he wont eat, he ate it right out of my hands with no problem on the first try! you said he wont be happy if i do all these things, and he is. you said he wont love me, but guess what?!!! he does!

... and what?!
    That snake would have crawled away and hid somewhere, there's no way the snake just curled up at the foot of her bed or cuddled with her all night. I'm highly doubting this is legitimate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I think its the sleeping with the snake bit that none of us are okay with.

I honestly didn't think the snake would have any problem switching to pre killed or thawed. most don't have any issued switching over.

BUT your snake still does not LOVE you. It just TOLERATES you. They are not capable of the emotion "love" because they do not have a social structure at all. They don't care for their young.

I would compare sleeping with your snake just as dangerous as sleeping with an infant. Many children have died because a parent has rolled on top of them and suffocated them to death. Think of how easily this could happen with your pet whom you obviously care greatly about.

I do agree with you about sleeping with the snake. I only did it the first night because i was afraid he would freeze to death in his cage, but after reading about how he could get lost, that made sense to me and i dont want to lose him or hurt him, I slept very lightly that first night and tried to just keep him as close to me as possible. Its not something i plan to ever do again and in retrospect, it was not the best idea. but at the time it seemed better than the alternative. I really do appreciate all the concern you guys take for his best interest and all the time you take to explain to me about what i should or shouldnt do. I just sometimes get a bit excited and say things that are a little out of line.

I really do mean the best for him.

xoxo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlovesmiike View Post
    That snake would have crawled away and hid somewhere, there's no way the snake just curled up at the foot of her bed or cuddled with her all night. I'm highly doubting this is legitimate.
    Well you sir, are WRONG!!! he did sleep with me. and he didnt crawl away. Im attributing it to him being just as scared as we were, but dont accuse me of lying just because my snake stayed with me and yours wouldnt stay with you.

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

You ought to realize, however, that ball pythons are nocturnal. So, your snake is naturally going to be awake at night, and will sleep during the day.

So, if you're sleeping at night, it's not sleeping with you. It's awake. lol
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast