Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,313

1 members and 3,312 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
    Thanks

Re: adopted a ball python new here a bit scared

Quote Originally Posted by wispurs View Post
    (somehow you think that it would be better for me to abandon my OBVIOUSLY very happy snake for a dog or cat just because YOU dont agree that he is enjoying himself. Rather than being ecstatic that he is actually happy.

What kind of logic is that?)

"The type of logic that is correct."

ok, you are useless and a horrible person, i dont want your advice.
    You don't need to abandon "BB," I'm sure you could find someone on this site close to you that would offer to take him in if you are not feeling confident.

I think you two are feeling quite confident though. However I also think that your new found confidence in owning your snake will be short lived.

Continued and excessive handling that you believe your snake enjoys, may very well stress out your snake and cause him not to eat for you anymore.

When that happens, you will either not ask for advice thinking you can handle it on your own, which after long enough may be detrimental to your snake. Or you will come back for advice, and I'm sure some people here will attempt to give you some advice again, but others may remember this thread and how well trying to give you advice went in the past. If you do not agree with someone else's opinion, you might try being a bit more polite about it. Though you really should listen to the good advice that you are given, as many of the people on this site have much more experience than you do.

Just because this is the internet, does not mean that you get to be snotty to someone just because you cannot see them, and they cannot see you. Insulting other users and the entire forum at that, will not get you far either, and people already are not taking you seriously because of your lack of nettiquete. Asking for advice, then tossing it out and calling it incorrect and insulting the person who gave you the advice you asked for, then asking another question will not earn you any respect, and it may keep people from even attempting to advise you when you ask for help in the future. Please keep this in mind while you are typing out further posts. If you feel like you cannot respond in a civil and respectful manner, log out, cool down, and come back when you have better gathered your thoughts and can respond in a non-inflammatory manner.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luckycharm318 For This Useful Post:

cboocks (05-28-2010),Kaorte (05-28-2010),moravaguy (05-28-2010)

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

Ball pythons also don't get depressed--only stressed.

A ball python that has just eaten wants to be left alone in a nice warm place so that it can properly digest its meal. Handling and stress interfere with digestion.

Hiding its head is a defensive gesture. That's what ball pythons do--it's why they are called ball pythons. They ball up and hide their head when they feel threatened.

Learn to respect your ball python's moods and needs. Even if it is USUALLY ok with handling, it's better for the snake if you leave it alone for a day after it eats, and DEFINITELY leave it alone when it's opaque (getting ready to shed)--handling during that time can damage the new skin forming underneath the old one, and you don't want to harm your snake, do you? Shedding ball pythons look miserable, by the way--they hide out over the heat continuously, and rarely move, and they can be irritable and snap because they can't see.

If the snake hisses at you, snaps at you, flees, or balls up and hides its head--let it be. Sometimes my snakes are ok with handling, and sometimes they really want to be left alone, and that's the best way they have of letting us know they're not in the mood.

Also, always be aware of the fact that your snake has poor vision. It recognizes you more by scent than by sight. If you come up on it quickly, you may startle it, and be bitten, because it didn't recognize you immediately.

Obviously no one is going to convince you that the snake doesn't love you, but perhaps one day you will finish your education, take some science classes, etc, and realize that those parts of the brain aren't there in a snake. It's not mysterious at all. Incapable is just that--the hardware necessary for love isn't there. It's like insisting that a bird with no feathers can fly.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

This is one long thread about nothing now...

Obiously these Girls, asuming they are real people... are clearly not gonna take your advise. Stop bringing this thread back up.

It was funny to a point, but It's just sad now...
    Danny
    0.1 Awesome Normal! (Lost )
    1.0 Lemon Pastel
    1.0 VPI Axanthic
    0.1 Spider
    0.1 Fire

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Danounet For This Useful Post:

moravaguy (05-28-2010)

Thanks

Is it bad that I laughed all the way through this?

The live feeding and karma thing made me laugh the most.

Edit: Why is it that I want to think that these two are animal rights people?

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Is it bad that I laughed all the way through this?

The live feeding and karma thing made me laugh the most.

Edit: Why is it that I want to think that these two are animal rights people?
    It's possible they're PETA activists.
    Or better yet, HSUS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    The only thing I have left to feed these trolls is this..

It is not YOUR thread. Stop acting like you OWN it and can DECIDE who posts in it. It is on a public internet forum. Anyone can post in it as much as they'd like.
    god, would you stop trying to pick a fight with me?

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: adopted a ball python new here a bit scared

umm i created this thread about ME and MY snake and MY issues so yes it is my thread

i am getting a lot of ridiculous and worthless comments on it

who cares if we are animal lovers fact is we got a snake together and are trying to learn about it

if you payed attention to my posts u would realize that i did take MOST of the advice people on here gave me so dont go flaming me saying im throwing it right back at anyone because ive followed almost EXACTLY what i was told

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exotica0095 View Post
    umm i created this thread about ME and MY snake and MY issues so yes it is my thread

i am getting a lot of ridiculous and worthless comments on it

who cares if we are animal lovers fact is we got a snake together and are trying to learn about it

if you payed attention to my posts u would realize that i did take MOST of the advice people on here gave me so dont go flaming me saying im throwing it right back at anyone because ive followed almost EXACTLY what i was told
    And this will get you no where.

Jess is correct, this is a _public_ forum, you have no ownership rights to anything here except photos that you have taken and submitted. While you _created_ this thread about your snake, and you can _request_ that certain people do not post, there is nothing you can really do.

Also, worthless and ridiculous posts, have you read some of yours? They are pretty insulting and will not warrant much further help if you continue posting in such a manner.

People would pay more attention to posts with proper spelling, grammar, and posts that are not inflammatory, demeaning, or rude.

Almost doing what you were advised to do is also not the same as doing exactly what you were advised to do.

I wish you and your new snake well.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luckycharm318 For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (05-28-2010),cboocks (05-28-2010),Christine (05-28-2010),Kaorte (05-28-2010),moravaguy (05-28-2010)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819