Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,354

1 members and 3,353 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: OMG! Look what the opposition is doing!

who jerks it while watching a snake eat anyway?
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001688532105
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 10: KoRn
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    October 19: Death Angel
    October 26 - Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, Ghost
    October 28: Slayer
    November 8 - Nine Inch Nails
    November 15 - Kreator, Overkill, Warbringer
    November 27: In This Moment
    -Misael

Thanks

As much as I don't want this ban to go through, or people to think negetive about reptile keepers, there are some people who have no business owning reptiles. I have seen many reptiles living in such terrible conditions or treated so badly or owned for the wrong reasons. Unfortunately there would most likely be no reasonable way to control who can own snakes and who cant.... If all of us reptile people want to keep our reptiles, we should start fixing the problems in our own backyard. Don't ya think?

Just look at how many idiots post youtube videos of doing random stupid crap with their animals. One guy on youtube has a video of him tossing live mice into a pirahna tank and you hear a bunch of guys in the backround going "OH YEAH! AWESOME! GET HIM! THATS SO COOL!" meanwhile, these pirahnas were ripping apart this baby mouse to shreds.

Half of the problem is in our own backyard and we shouldnt get mad over what the media says when clearly no one gives a crap about what other reptile owners are doing. Just like when I went to the Wheaton show.... I saw quite a few tables where it actually made me want to puke at the conditions some of the animals were in.

Sorry if you dont agree with me, but someone had to say this stuff right?
    Last edited by PurplePython; 05-19-2010 at 02:14 PM.

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PurplePython For This Useful Post:

blb (07-18-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePython View Post
    As much as I don't want this ban to go through, or people to think negetive about reptile keepers, there are some people who have no business owning reptiles. I have seen many reptiles living in such terrible conditions or treated so badly or owned for the wrong reasons. Unfortunately there would most likely be no reasonable way to control who can own snakes and who cant.... If all of us reptile people want to keep our reptiles, we should start fixing the problems in our own backyard. Don't ya think?

Just look at how many idiots post youtube videos of doing random stupid crap with their animals. One guy on youtube has a video of him tossing live mice into a pirahna tank and you hear a bunch of guys in the backround going "OH YEAH! AWESOME! GET HIM! THATS SO COOL!" meanwhile, these pirahnas were ripping apart this baby mouse to shreds.

Half of the problem is in our own backyard and we shouldnt get mad over what the media says when clearly no one gives a crap about what other reptile owners are doing. Just like when I went to the Wheaton show.... I saw quite a few tables where it actually made me want to puke at the conditions some of the animals were in.

Sorry if you dont agree with me, but someone had to say this stuff right?
    Its not something that hasnt been said to death at this point. What that doesnt justify is that kind of hate filled, misrepresented bias. Every following has people that abuse and misrepresent it. While two wrongs dont make a right, it doesnt make mean that we need to sit back when those outside of our hobby choose to attack it in this fashion. Many of us ARE stepping up and working towards education, but you are never going to eradicate it. There are tons of good and loving pet owners out there and nearly as many people who either dont care or care more about the dollar in -every- aspect of pet keeping. Its a problem that needs to be fixed country wide, but it doesnt need to be fixed by people spewing hate and false information like its truth. It also doesnt need to be fixed by pointing fingers unless its directly at those people who are mismanaging the care of their animals.
    ------------------
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Bumblebee

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariel For This Useful Post:

SPJ (05-19-2010)

Thanks

omg, it sounds so idiotic. the person who wrote it is obviously uneducated and is completely playing on peoples fears and insecurities.

Has anyone seen the family guy episode when lois ran for mayor.

for people who didnt see it here is the link.

YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters

this is what this support snake ban reminds me of.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jailene For This Useful Post:

Christine (05-19-2010),Danounet (05-19-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel View Post
    Its not something that hasnt been said to death at this point. What that doesnt justify is that kind of hate filled, misrepresented bias. Every following has people that abuse and misrepresent it. While two wrongs dont make a right, it doesnt make mean that we need to sit back when those outside of our hobby choose to attack it in this fashion. Many of us ARE stepping up and working towards education, but you are never going to eradicate it. There are tons of good and loving pet owners out there and nearly as many people who either dont care or care more about the dollar in -every- aspect of pet keeping. Its a problem that needs to be fixed country wide, but it doesnt need to be fixed by people spewing hate and false information like its truth. It also doesnt need to be fixed by pointing fingers unless its directly at those people who are mismanaging the care of their animals.
    You are absolutely right that it doesn't mean they should be able to make up stuff to make us reptile owners look bad. But the bottom line is, these people wouldn't be making up all of this crap to try to end our rights to own these pets unless there were these terrible reptile owners out there doing this kind of stupid crap like feeding dogs and cats to snakes.

Am I mad that these people are making up stuff to make these animals look too dangerous to own? Yeah, I am. But can I understand why they want these animals banned based off of all of the bullcrap surrounding this hobby? I can see understand that too.

I see both sides of the coin. If these people that are encouraging the ban have other reasons why they want these animals banned as pets, then of course they are going to make up facts or make problems seam bigger than they are.

People will do that naturally if they are against something.
    Last edited by PurplePython; 05-19-2010 at 02:29 PM.

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

Thanks

"Individuals who own monstrous sized reptiles often have "crush kitten/crush puppy" sexual fetishes"

First of all, WTF??????? This is disgusting!! I understand that some people are uncomfortable with one animal eating another, but to claim it's a sexual fetish? This sounds just completely uneducated and sophomoric.

Thanks

Well, I made an account on the website and reported the petition, claiming that is had a lot of misinformation, was extremely biased, and was derogatory. Maybe if enough people sign up and file complaints it'll get removed.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Raptor For This Useful Post:

Danounet (05-19-2010),Foschi Exotic Serpents (05-19-2010),MissDixie (07-03-2010),musicalKeyes (05-19-2010),Sariel (05-19-2010),Zach (05-20-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePython View Post
    You are absolutely right that it doesn't mean they should be able to make up stuff to make us reptile owners look bad. But the bottom line is, these people wouldn't be making up all of this crap to try to end our rights to own these pets unless there were these terrible reptile owners out there doing this kind of stupid crap like feeding dogs and cats to snakes.

Am I mad that these people are making up stuff to make these animals look too dangerous to own? Yeah, I am. But can I understand why they want these animals banned based off of all of the bullcrap surrounding this hobby? I can see understand that too.

I see both sides of the coin. If these people that are encouraging the ban have other reasons why they want these animals banned as pets, then of course they are going to make up facts or make problems seam bigger than they are.

People will do that naturally if they are against something.
    I have to disagree, if you dont agree with a hobby or a way of life then by all means have and even share your opinion, but stick to FACTS. If I feel the need to get onto a soap box about somthing I dont start twisting evidence I have to make it look ten times worse than it is. I think thats immoral to be put lightly.
    These people are also specifically targeting reptiles when the cases of mistreatment are far more few between than things like puppy mills, dog fighting rings, true animal horders, and thousands of other cases of unlicensed and improper keeping of many other exotics.
    Again two wrongs dont make a right and it doesnt mean we should ignore a lesser problem for another one, however, to say that we arent doing anything is unfair when alot of people are working very hard at correcting the situation and getting very little recognition for it.
    if we're going to agree with those people attempting to ban reptiles because there are some bad keepers out there, then the same should apply for all animals and we should all just go join PETA and the HSUS.
    ------------------
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Bumblebee

Thanks

I dont know what to say about this. They are so trying to make us like bad and seems to be working. See i love animals, i have one cat, one dog, and my water monitors. I also have a pet rat, and i would never feed any of these to my monitors. I hate feeding my monitors rats, but it has to be done. Do i enjoy it, no. So does this make me a twisted person, do i get off watching my monitor eat,f no. So who gives them the right to say we do. All i have to say is we better win this fight.

Thanks

http://www.change.org/profile/view/131022

This is the person responsible for that article, shes currently crowing about how her petition has passed through florida congress for consideration. I invite everyone else to politely and articulately inform both her and her supporting audience on the facts they are sorely lacking in.
    ------------------
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Bumblebee

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast