Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,454

2 members and 3,452 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Help with a new rescue!

He is definitely one skinny ferret. With some good TLC he should be a chubby, playful ferret in no time. He is very cute! I'm not sure how much the vaccine for you would cost, but I'm sure it would be very expensive.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Help with a new rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by musicalKeyes View Post
    I finally got around to taking picture of the little rascal. Not great ones, but here they are:

He's around a year and a half old and a little over two pounds, but the vet said he should be closer to three when he's gained his weight back.
    He's very relaxed and didn't mind the drops in his ears or his bath at all, and he looks much better clean. I should get a call from my vet soon on how long his quarantine should be. Ferrets don't display rabies like cats and dogs do, so it could be several months, at least two. Luckily he was only out a week or two, or his chances of having it would be much higher. So I'll be the only one holding him during that time, to cut down on his likelihood of biting anyone, since if he does he has to be put down and checked for rabies. I'm considering getting the preventative shot, since that seems like a much better alternative to killing him, and they don't put them in your stomach anymore. Anyone know how expensive they are?

Edit:
    We named him Jack When I was younger we had two, Jack and Twinkle, and due to some horrible circumstances had to give them to a ferret rescue. Where we found out that Jack was actually a girl. (I was five at the time, and wasn't really concerned with that, hahaha) So, I named him Jack, since he's definitely a boy this time. Probably shouldn't have named him until we're sure no one claims him....
    I was vaccinated for rabies. I worked as a vet tech for 11 yrs so needed it. You can call your board of health and they should be able to tell you. That is where we went to get ours. It was a combo shot had to go back two weeks later for the second. It also made me sick. Ran a fever for 2 days. They give it in the arm. The vet paid so dont know the price..Hope this helps some.
    ps the other tech didnt get sick so guess its a individual thing.
    Last edited by Christine; 05-17-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12