Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

2 members and 3,410 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Terry Cullen raided

I think I found the charge/reason for removing the animals.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100...,7900035.story
    One woman is now in custody facing charges of having endangered species without proper permits.

Thanks

it all sounds fishy like he was being set up. specially with the sex assualt part. i bet some one got wind of the warehouse (another hsus/peta ) person and arranged a fake report to havea search done .

I say 9/10 with the bifg reptile showes he at one of them and does not even know, or is out in the rural area were acell does not work..
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

Ooh lookie, I found him at a show. 6:20
    YouTube - SnakeBytesTV "Reptiles Invade Chicago"

It angers me a lot to hear about this. More weight for congress to get our snakes banned.

But uh, the articles said they saw animals running loose, cages filled with filth, majority of the animals covered in moldextremely foul smell, etc. My question -Is the guy keeping them incorrectly, is this lady or whoever is living in the place keeping them badly without him knowing, or is the media blowing this way out of proportion?

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsd13 View Post
    No. It's ok to remove the reptiles if they were being kept in poor conditions. I'm assuming experts have, for reasons as yet unannounced, decided that the conditions are poor. I don't get the impression that the police decided that the animals had to be removed, but rather people who know something about animals and husbandry. Even the zoo is involved. If anyone has an idea of what is and isn't suitable conditions for reptiles to live in it's the zoo.
    even the so called "experts" talk about "oh no...snakes in tubs" yada yada yada. Just because it is a zoo doesn't mean they are experts on all reptiles!!
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BPelizabeth For This Useful Post:

joepythons (05-15-2010)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    even the so called "experts" talk about "oh no...snakes in tubs" yada yada yada. Just because it is a zoo doesn't mean they are experts on all reptiles!!
    I don't get the impression this has anything to do with snakes in tubs. Floors covered in feces and not licensed to have some of the animals that were there is quite a bit different if it turns out to be true.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Now that I see that video I remember that guy. That was the Oct show last year. With the way he was at the show I find it very hard to believe he was neglecting animals. I reached my hand out to touch the Chinese alligator right after a kid had touched it and Terry quickly backed out of reach. He wouldn't let anyone touch it unless they used hand sanitizer in front of him. He was very adamant about that alligator. The report said feces on the floor? I thought I only saw a part where it said rodents on the floor of one level of the building.

Thanks

If the warehouse had an ounce of unsanitary conditions they would have been wearing hazmat outfits! This looks like a bad warrant setup to me. Whether its a good or bad warrant I hope Mr.Cullen sews there a's and wins for shooting the dogs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vilenica For This Useful Post:

BPelizabeth (05-15-2010)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    Now that I see that video I remember that guy. That was the Oct show last year. With the way he was at the show I find it very hard to believe he was neglecting animals. I reached my hand out to touch the Chinese alligator right after a kid had touched it and Terry quickly backed out of reach. He wouldn't let anyone touch it unless they used hand sanitizer in front of him. He was very adamant about that alligator. The report said feces on the floor? I thought I only saw a part where it said rodents on the floor of one level of the building.
    These are the news reports coming out. I can't speak to how he handled the alligator at the show. He wouldn't be the first animal caretaker that let things get out of control. It's not unheard of that someone goes from advocate to hoarder and then they can't keep up with things. Don't know if that's what has happened here, but it's possible.

"It wasn't a real safe environment," said DNR Conservation Warden Myles Gervis. "The floor's slippery. There's animal waste all over the place."
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/93816569.html

The first police officers to enter the building encountered a repulsive scene, according to a report summarizing Flint's arrest.

"There was an overpowering stench of ammonia consistent with urine and feces throughout the residence," the report says.

"Dead animal carcasses were in close proximity to live animals, and animal waste was observed throughout the residence."

Mold and fungus were growing "on a vast majority of the animals," according to the report.

Police and other officials found the animals inside the building while executing a search warrant Wednesday, the report says.
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/93800689.html

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vilenica View Post
    If the warehouse had an ounce of unsanitary conditions they would have been wearing hazmat outfits!
    Unsanitary doesn't automatically mean it rises to the level of requiring hazmat suits. It just means it's unacceptable or below standards for animals.

This looks like a bad warrant setup to me. Whether its a good or bad warrant I hope Mr.Cullen sews there a's and wins for shooting the dogs.
    I doubt it's a bad warrant. I'm pretty confident that we'll find a judge issued it. A legally seated judge.

As far as the dogs. Sucks they died but nothing will come of it. It's standard op. when police are dealing with dogs in that kind of a situation. Happens everyday all over the country multiple times a day. No knocks, traffic stops, etc. We just don't hear about them.

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

well 2 poos on the floor and they tend to go overboard. Many ppl have lizards that they let run around ...especially in that setting. We have a local store here...they let their tegu go where he may. They also have their iguana that is loose in the store. They could defecate anywhere...and bam. As far as mice...if you breed them in large numbers chances are something could get loose.

Look I am not making excuses for anyone....however it is time and time again that the news blows things out of proportion. It is not beyond Peta to edit things or to set ppl up for failure. If it was an honest organization....with honest ppl working for them...I would never jump to these types of conclusions. But lets remember....Peta also funds an organization that blows up research labs. Proven in their financials!! The money went to the leaders father!!!! Is it really that much of a stretch that they set ppl up. And look at that report...is it really that much of a stretch that the news organization makes a bigger deal out of it and influences ppl that it was a terrible situation and a danger to the public.

All in all we are all at risk....little or big. All I need is one phone call and I bet I would not only have the HOA at my house and animal control and etc. I only have 7 reptiles and 2 large dogs.....and I am anal with keeping them....but walk in on any given day....though cleaned daily...and I bet you will find some poo in their enclosure. And anyone can say snakes kept in plastic tubs...egads. They untrained person would be agast.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BPelizabeth For This Useful Post:

Christine (05-15-2010),jfreels (05-16-2010),minguss (06-15-2010),Sariel (05-15-2010)

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast