Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,285

3 members and 3,282 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Terry Cullen raided

Quote Originally Posted by Agent73 View Post
    But seriously. if no one knew that the animals had been there for decades wouldn't that mean he has been taking proper care of them and not letting them escape?
    I for one am hoping he gets a good lawsuit against the city for this ridiculousness.
    I doubt the city would be taking up thousands of man hours to remove those animals from the property if there wasn't a reason.

As far as a lawsuit, for what? Taking his animals out of his care? He's not even there. According to the news reports the police are looking for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsd13 View Post
    I doubt the city would be taking up thousands of man hours to remove those animals from the property if there wasn't a reason.

As far as a lawsuit, for what? Taking his animals out of his care? He's not even there. According to the news reports the police are looking for him.
    So just because no one was in the building its ok to remove his reptiles? You had better never leave your home then .It would not be the first time these type of people over exaggerated things .
    Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    So just because no one was in the building its ok to remove his reptiles? You had better never leave your home then .It would not be the first time these type of people over exaggerated things .
    No. It's ok to remove the reptiles if they were being kept in poor conditions. I'm assuming experts have, for reasons as yet unannounced, decided that the conditions are poor. I don't get the impression that the police decided that the animals had to be removed, but rather people who know something about animals and husbandry. Even the zoo is involved. If anyone has an idea of what is and isn't suitable conditions for reptiles to live in it's the zoo.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

The news report said a "search warrant". So what was the reason behind the search warrant? Where is the report of the sexual abuse warrant? Has any police or official report been released as to what charges this stems from?

Just because he wasn't there, doesn't mean that the animals were not being cared for. After seeing the video(it's finally working for me), I've seen him at shows. Seemed like a very nice man, very much caring for the chinese alligators and conservation. Since it was a house, it could be they were not zoned for certain species.. we just don't know, because no one has released information that I've seen yet.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    The news report said a "search warrant". So what was the reason behind the search warrant? Where is the report of the sexual abuse warrant? Has any police or official report been released as to what charges this stems from?

Just because he wasn't there, doesn't mean that the animals were not being cared for. After seeing the video(it's finally working for me), I've seen him at shows. Seemed like a very nice man, very much caring for the chinese alligators and conservation. Since it was a house, it could be they were not zoned for certain species.. we just don't know, because no one has released information that I've seen yet.
    2nd to last paragraph. Source

Exact details haven't been made public that I've been able to find.

Police discovered the animals at the house while executing a search warrant as part of an investigation into a sexual assault complaint, police said. Police have not publicly identified the target of the sexual assault allegation.
    Other sources:
    http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...ssault_pro.php
    http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...tiles/19478050

Thanks

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37134245/

This is the latest I can find on the matter, posted 13hours ago.
    It still says no charges have been filed and the sexual assault charge is not only alleged, but no one will confirm that Mr Cullen is even the one accused.

I find it interesting that they felt the need to invade his home and his residence on this charge. I know he also has property in FL so its possible thats where he is while all this is happening.

I hate to be so caught up in something that doesn't really involve me, but considering the potential impact on our industry I just cant help it. Im also interested in the potential for bias profiling causing all of this. The media certainly isnt being very friendly towards him, I love the fact that the word hoarder is coming up again in this. Its all so exhausting :/.
    ------------------
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Bumblebee

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Something about this whole warrant thing doesnt fit.. It was an alleged sex crime warrant? Not a drug or illegal firearm warrant? Since when do the police break into your home on a sex warrant? They pick you up at work, in your car, when you are at home etc.. There would have been nothing in his home to sieze unless it was connected to a computer sex crime. Then they would take the computer. Something is missing here. In any other case we would have more info.

Thanks

To me, it seems weird that they would confiscate ALL of the animals that he kept, if the problem was only with the endangered ones that he allegedly was keeping without proper permits?

This whole thing is bothering me, too. Really just because I've seen a lot of videos of Cullen prior to this and he seemed to have a true passion and care for the animals, so like I said I would be surprised to hear that he was indeed mistreating them. However, some people do surprise you so I guess you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    Something about this whole warrant thing doesnt fit.. It was an alleged sex crime warrant? Not a drug or illegal firearm warrant? Since when do the police break into your home on a sex warrant? They pick you up at work, in your car, when you are at home etc.. There would have been nothing in his home to sieze unless it was connected to a computer sex crime. Then they would take the computer. Something is missing here. In any other case we would have more info.
    I agree, this sexual abuse warrant has me a bit baffled too. Especially because I believe it's been made clear that no one was actually charged with sexual abuse, it was just 'alleged' which to me sounds like they were just investigating it. In which case, why in the world would they issue a search warrant of the facility for that?

I don't want to jump to conclusions but I would not be completely shocked if it turned out to be some sort of a set up.
    Last edited by alittleFREE; 05-14-2010 at 08:39 PM.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Here's some of the city of Milwaukee's animal ordinances.
    http://www.milwaukee.gov/Env#Anchor-Various-49575

And here's another news story about it.
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/93816569.html

Thanks

how big/long would a 500lb snake have to be??

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast