Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,381

1 members and 3,380 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Re: Terry Cullen raided

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel View Post
    but Im willing to bet someone with a widely known reputation like Mr Cullen hasn't been moving exotics illegally.
    right there with you on that one......and someone well known for working with rescues I am willing to bet had his ducks in a row with licensing.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BPelizabeth For This Useful Post:

Sariel (05-14-2010)

Thanks

WOW i feel for his pets and family and they shot his:cens0r:TBM for what sad case my lawer would eat that case up.
    Leopard gecko (ooday jackson)

2010 normal ball python (skinny pimpin aka skinny jackson)

Savannah monitor (genesis jackson)

4 year old presa canario (storm jackson)

2 month old rednose pitbull (noko jaclson)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    right there with you on that one......and someone well known for working with rescues I am willing to bet had his ducks in a row with licensing.
    Im going to watch how this unfolds now that I know about it. Im interested in seeing what the details are and who is really at fault.
    ------------------
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Bumblebee

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    Hopefully.

Until more facts are available though, well, it's just speculation. My roses are speculated enough for now.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Wow...that is just so sad...

I don't even know what to say.
    ~Steffe

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The police were serving a warrant for a sexual assault according to this article
    http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...ssault_pro.php

Also I asked a friend who is a police officer and he said during a warrant raid it is pretty much standard ops that any dog doing anything except lying on the couch is going to get shot dead. They take absolutely no chance of an officer being injured.

It sounds like they served a warrant for one thing and found other law violations relating to the reptiles not that they went in looking for reptiles. Be interesting to hear both sides of the story. In there somewhere is the truth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsd13 View Post
    Also I asked a friend who is a police officer and he said during a warrant raid it is pretty much standard ops that any dog doing anything except lying on the couch is going to get shot dead. They take absolutely no chance of an officer being injured.
    See i dont agree with that. When a cop executes a no knock search warrant idc how much u trained your dog to not bark/growl when some1 knocks on the door but when they BUST down ur door its the dogs nature to bark or growl. I dont agree with they "HEY THAT DOG IS MOVING SHOOT IT!!!"
    Mike

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BuckeyeBalls For This Useful Post:

JeffFlanagan (08-30-2010),joepythons (05-14-2010),minguss (06-15-2010)

Thanks

This is sad and just goes to show you the country we really live in.

Those poor dogs.. Not to mention those "dangerous animals" are going to be mis handled and you can BET a good percentage of them will be dead within a month or two.

Does anyone know Terry personally or people he is close too? I cant wait to hear more.

I hope he did nothing wrong so he can sue the [****ens] out of those cops.
    Last edited by JLC; 05-14-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: language
    0.0.1 Normal '09 - Apollo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Actually the "dangerous animals" thing is to DEFINE a dangerous animal, it doesn't mean the police cannot shoot a dog that is behaving in a threatening manner. It means that if said dog does bite someone while defending it's owner's home, you cannot classify it as "dangerous" and have it impounded.

If any animal is threatening an officer, they are well within their rights to shoot it. Tasering a dog is usually not reccomended by any agency. So if they went in on a legitimate warrent(which it seems they did) then they are within their rights to shoot the dogs if they were threatening, which they very well could have been, being mastiffs in their own territory.

I have no ideas of why the police would seize the animals though. Is there a law or ordinace against keeping those species, keeping any certain number of animals, or running a business in that particular space?

If they just saw all the animals, assumed that they were not legal, and took them... then I would hope the animals would be returned. It's really stressful on the animals to be moved and who knows what sort of place they are being held in, and what care they are getting. I hope that the people who seized them had some sort of legitimate reason or that the animals are returned quickly so that they can get proper care.
    Last edited by wolfy-hound; 05-14-2010 at 05:57 PM.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue56 View Post
    This is sad and just goes to show you the country we really live in.

Those poor dogs.. Not to mention those "dangerous animals" are going to be mis handled and you can BET a good percentage of them will be dead within a month or two.

Does anyone know Terry personally or people he is close too? I cant wait to hear more.

I hope he did nothing wrong so he can sue the [****ens] out of those cops.
    What's he going to sue the cops for? Doing their jobs? Officers don't have the luxury of sitting around the squad room debating the merits of a warrant. They are told to serve it and they do. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't agree with shooting the dogs. Don't agree at all. But the fact is someone did something that gave a court a reason to issue a warrant sending them to that location. If no law had been broken, no warrant, no dead dogs.

There's more news coming out of this:

Hundreds of mice and rats blanketed the basement floor of a building on Milwaukee's south side where an estimated 200 exotic animals were housed, according to a police document released Friday.

Many of the animals - ranging from alligators and crocodiles to snakes and turtles - were unable to turn around because the containers in which they were kept were too small and filled with waste, the arrest report says.

Jane E. Flint, who told police she lived in the building at 2323 S. 13th St., was arrested Wednesday and is in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail. She is being held on suspicion of mistreating animals and violating regulations regarding endangered or threatened species, according to the arrest report.

Source - and continues
    It's also worth noting that they haven't found Terry Cullen yet. Surely he's heard about this by now...
    Last edited by JLC; 05-14-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: matching quote to above edit

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bsd13 For This Useful Post:

Clear (05-15-2010)

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast