Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,236

0 members and 3,236 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: im not bashing venomous snake owners but...

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    Just keep in mind...90% of people out there say the very same thing about all of us..."Why would anyone want a SNAKE as a pet"...venomous or not To each his own, I'm not into hots but I have saw very few snakes that are prettier than a gaboon viper!!

I have to agree gaboons are gorgeous! and well the owning of hots well the responsible owners more less respect admire and love everything about them sigh

Thanks
    I don't own any venomous snakes...yet...but I thnk the main reason why people keep them is because they are simply BEAUTIFUL animals to watch, keep, feed, breed and take care of. Soem epople own hots for medical purposes, supplying venom to medical facilities.
    Ball Python-Bella
    California Kingsnake-Bob
    Cornsnake-Corny

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Not that I would ever keep one...but most I've seen have been kept in gorgeous naturalistic setups. I think that really adds to their beauty. Not to mention you can observe their behavior and beauty.

I can see why some people (breeders, research, etc) have to keep snakes in tubs, but I LOVE to see them, and I find them much more attractive in a somewhat naturalistic setup.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I LOVE to see them, and I find them much more attractive in a somewhat naturalistic setup.
    Not only that, but I find that bio-active substrates keep required interaction much less frequent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzoot3d View Post
    Sooo true broski! 90% of my friends are like why do you have snakes?! To each his own is right. BUt some choices are clearly smarter. Buh what is a sexier than a monocled cobra?
    rhino viper has to be hands down the most amazing looking snake out there there a few other vipers too that are prety inpresive. i dont know im not really a cobra fan on the look side they need more color , i will say the first time i heard a king cobra growl i was very impresed with that.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    One thing I hate is those that put their HOTS under the knife to better suit their needs.

If you cant handle a HOT then you shouldnt have one period. Were not here to alter wildlife to better suit our needs, especially their body which is natural to them.

When i kept my Cobra never once did making her a venomoid come cross my mind EVER.

They are not for everyone and should be left way they were meant to be. Especially not all venomoids are 100% free from venom to where some still can produce small amounts.

Thanks
    Some keep them and milk them to make anivenom some keep to admire then each to his own. But if i had a choice of owning a venomous snake id get getting trained by a experianced HOT keeper. id love to own a gaboon and a king cobra. Gaboons are just s beauty, and the king cobra is just a pure amazing snake very calculating and intelagent speciman.
    Last edited by Dundee; 11-03-2010 at 04:30 AM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Some keep them and milk them to make anivenom some keep to admire then each to his own. But if i had a choice of owning a venomous snake id get getting trained by a experianced HOT keeper. id love to own a gaboon and a king cobra. Gaboons are just s beauty, and the king cobra is just a pure amazing snake very calculating and intelagent speciman.
    2 reasons why most dont get king corbas and gabbys is they are more reluctant to eat rodents. Their diet consists of other snakes but they can take rodents here and there. As for Gabbys i believe its due to their larger fangs and having the fastest strike of all venomous.

Thanks
    I would be all over a baby king if I could find one that is one a rodent diet. BUt as rich stated there very hard to come by that are on a rodent diet. It justs costs a bit more for a snake diet then a rodent diet

Thanks
    And also with gabbys that seems to me on of the more popular venomous animals people own. Almost every collection I see posted usually has either a rhino or a gabby in it. And 90 percent of all the posts from keepers that dont keep hots usually say one of those are there favorites. I cant wait to add some gabbys and rhinos to my collection. Im hoping to start adding to the hots in feb/2011.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast