Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,164

1 members and 3,163 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered User ColdBloodedCarnival's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SnakesKin on Animal Planet!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfreels View Post
    OK, so don't support that show that supports our views.....that will make sure AP airs more episodes!

It's about ratings. Make a good show about snakes that general public can enjoy and things can start to turn around.

Does the general public want to see a show about how snakes can be harmless? Or do they want to see giant anacondas eating pigs and how some guy lost his leg due to a snake bite?

This show is actually entertaining, educational and they show people handling many different kinds of snakes. It's exactly what we need on TV. We need shows that instruct people how to make their yards unfriendly to snakes. That way they can follow some of the tips other than just killing snakes.

I don't watch anything else on AP, mainly because I don't like dogs and 99% of their programming involves dogs. I will however support SnakesKin and rave about it every chance I get because it delivers the message that we want everyone to have. Oh, and they do it by the thousands at one time.
    Absolutely! One can speculate on AP's agenda to destroy our hobby all day - but when it comes down to it they are a business and they only care about ratings. Airing shows about big scary dangerous snakes sells. They wouldn't air those programs if nobody watched.

I can fully understand why some of you would want to boycott AP and I don't blame you. On the other hand, I think it's really important to support shows like SnakesKin. The compassion the family on SnakesKin has for reptiles is very obvious and the message that they deliver may very well change the mind of some of the misinformed public!
    -T. Ross

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBloodedCarnival View Post
    Absolutely! One can speculate on AP's agenda to destroy our hobby all day - but when it comes down to it they are a business and they only care about ratings. Airing shows about big scary dangerous snakes sells. They wouldn't air those programs if nobody watched.

I can fully understand why some of you would want to boycott AP and I don't blame you. On the other hand, I think it's really important to support shows like SnakesKin. The compassion the family on SnakesKin has for reptiles is very obvious and the message that they deliver may very well change the mind of some of the misinformed public!
    your'e preachin to the choir here.love the show and don't really care to much for the demonizing shows but they're just showing two sides of the coin.
    I AM MY OWN GOD !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    The thing is, is that AP is widely supportive of the programs lately that are fueling NEGATIVE opinions of our reptiles.

Show for example entitled "KILLER ALIENS" or "FATAL ATTRACTIONS"

A quote of one of the shows intentions.....

"Welcome to America's invasive species ground zero: Florida. The Sunshine State is overrun by giant rats, lizards, feral hogs and lethal pythons-non-native species that have been imported by humans. Once released, these foreign invaders wreak havoc on a land that is not their own. With no natural predators, their populations continue to spread throughout the state. The front lines are expanding, and no one knows where they are headed next"

Now, I dont care if they want to air a show about a dog their helping out that got bit by a snake, ANIMAL PLANET is NOT our friend, and is NOT getting my views on ANY show it airs. They are fueling a fire

Just my 2 pennies
    It's because those shows get more ratings and views than the positive ones. They put up the popular shows that appeal to audiences.
    If you don't support the shows that are positive for the hobby, you're pushing down the ratings and potentially being non-supportive of this hobby in general.

This is a show that helps to educate the public on the GOOD of these animals. Not all shows on AP are bad, but since you're stereotyping them all into one group, you're assuming that all the shows are filled with incorrect information. Animal Planet producers aren't herpetologists, they are looking for what appeals to the public. They may not understand what is more or less truth about this hobby because NO ONE enforces it.

Thanks

Great show The best Herp show on animal planet in a long long time ..... seriously hope another season is in the planning

Thanks

Thank you to all that watched and support our show! I have the same concerns and get JUST as fired up when I see stupid shows showing snakes as evil They have scary music or people who over react when they catch the snakes; even when they are non-venomous! We told Animal Planet that we did NOT want to be apart of it if they were going to turn our show into the same old stero-typing crap like all the others!! They agreed to our terms. Again; thank you and from this point its in the Lords hands.

Thanks

yeah the lady at the top is on the show, but imo i like the show. They teach alot about the animals they catch and they care alot for the animals they have. I was watching it the other day and the couple were holding a big completely black snake. Ive been doing all kinds of research to find out what it was to no avail. If anyone knows what kind it is please let me know thanks.

Thanks

Indigo.
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF

Thanks

I DVRd all the episodes and love them!! BTW Sarah, I love your "snake dance"! It is great to finally see compassion with reptiles instead of a "kill em all" attitude. Thanks!!
    60 corrns, 9.10 Ball Pythons, 1 Desert King, 1.1 Moonshine Ratsnakes, 3.2.2 Crested Geckos,

With God...alll things are possible!

NevaeH Reptiles...A little piece of Heaven in your hands...
    Mike, Gini and Jacob http://nevaehreptiles.com

Thanks

thank you.

Thanks

Love this show.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast