Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,316

2 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peta

Thanks

Peta

warning, graphic...
    http://www.peta.org/pettrade/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Peta

spin spin spin.....
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

Bruce Whitehead (05-04-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Careful what you listen to from PETA. They are as good as lieing as they are at telling the truth.

Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Whitehead For This Useful Post:

abuja (05-04-2010),dr del (05-04-2010),jfreels (05-17-2010),joepythons (05-04-2010),Step Johns (05-04-2010),Stewart_Reptiles (05-17-2010),thegoalie22 (05-05-2010),tonkatoyman (05-05-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Well on the snake video, they even said that a snake retained the eyecaps which is a sign of vitamin A deficiency. Really? Where did they come up with that? I believe eyecap retention is usually due to humidity issues.

Plus, they kindly refrain from mentioning that THEIR employee which was hired on by that company was SUPPOSED to be responsible for caring for many of the animals that he instead seems to have filmed without water, etc. Perhaps if he'd been doing his job of watering and caring for the animals, instead of neglecting them so he could film them, there'd be less "horror".

I wonder how many of the companys "employees" were also HSUS and PETA workers undercover neglecting animals? Seeing how many of PETA's videos are staged and set up by the videographers, I wouldn't believe them if they filmed the sun coming up in the East.

Yes, some animals do die in import businesses, and some come in in terrible shape. But believing a PETA campaign is kind of like stabbing yourself in the eyeball and claiming the sun hurt your vision.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

abuja (05-04-2010),bamagecko76 (08-05-2010),Bruce Whitehead (05-04-2010),joepythons (05-04-2010),Step Johns (05-04-2010),Stewart_Reptiles (05-17-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Theresa, I did not watch the vids, but that is a great analogy.

I learned years back that if it comes from PETA it is not heavy on the truth, so I refuse to watch their propaganda.

I will not... no I will not... mmmmm... nope... not say a word about the hipprocacy of Pamela Anderson and PETA's relationship.

Nope, not a word. ZIP. NADA. NOTHING.

Nor will I mention that the head of PETA takes insulin daily that was developed through animal testing. NOPE. You did not hear it here.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Well on the snake video, they even said that a snake retained the eyecaps which is a sign of vitamin A deficiency. Really? Where did they come up with that? I believe eyecap retention is usually due to humidity issues.

Plus, they kindly refrain from mentioning that THEIR employee which was hired on by that company was SUPPOSED to be responsible for caring for many of the animals that he instead seems to have filmed without water, etc. Perhaps if he'd been doing his job of watering and caring for the animals, instead of neglecting them so he could film them, there'd be less "horror".

I wonder how many of the companys "employees" were also HSUS and PETA workers undercover neglecting animals? Seeing how many of PETA's videos are staged and set up by the videographers, I wouldn't believe them if they filmed the sun coming up in the East.

Yes, some animals do die in import businesses, and some come in in terrible shape. But believing a PETA campaign is kind of like stabbing yourself in the eyeball and claiming the sun hurt your vision.
    Praying for Stinger Bees

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Whitehead For This Useful Post:

BPelizabeth (05-11-2010),Foschi Exotic Serpents (05-04-2010),Ginevive (05-08-2010)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Believe this - when PETA says that neglect and abuse are the standard within the pet industry, they're painting you with the same brush as Global Exotics.

Spinnin' outta control? Absolutely.

Going to make PETA a mint of donation money? Count on it.

~Bruce

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have a saying in the construction world about arguing with contractors..It applies here to..

You can wrestle in the mud all day with pig trying to win..but sooner or later you have to realize he enjoys it. getting stirred up about PETA is like fighting in the mud with a pig, they may get a little dirty but they are still getting attention.

Agree with them or not by simply viewing their site your adding fuel to their fire. When they publish statistics about website hits do you think it can tell that your in disagreement of their message. Nope all their going to tell people is that they get 500,000 hits to their site world wide. Same with the video views they can't tell who likes or dislikes the videos they just want to be able to show off that number, 75,000 people viewed our videos, never mind 25K of them hate Peta.

Since that PETA member was working there at the time as the store owner I'd have to see that they also got charge with Accessory to animal cruelty but that's just me.
    Last edited by Freakie_frog; 05-04-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

Ginevive (05-08-2010)

Thanks

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

I'll listen to them when they practice what they preach.
    They tend to over exaggerate things. Yes, I'm a vegetarian because I disagree with the treatment of captive animals, but not ALL farms are that way. You just have to know where you get your meat from, which is difficult sometimes.

KFC on the other hand has been and always will be #1 in animal cruelty. Not to mention they are usually shut down by the FDA at least twice a year. My local one was shut down 4 times last year due to improper conditions. One of my best friends worked there for over a year.. oh the stories I could tell.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

I'll listen to them when they practice what they preach.
    They tend to over exaggerate things. Yes, I'm a vegetarian because I disagree with the treatment of captive animals, but not ALL farms are that way. You just have to know where you get your meat from, which is difficult sometimes.

KFC on the other hand has been and always will be #1 in animal cruelty. Not to mention they are usually shut down by the FDA at least twice a year. My local one was shut down 4 times last year due to improper conditions. One of my best friends worked there for over a year.. oh the stories I could tell.
    x) Must be your KFC. Have never had any of the local ones shut down here.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

The only thing peta (pita) is good for is lightly browned in a skillet and then filled with fresh gyro meat shaved off the spit, tomatos, onions and cucumber sauce...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

bamagecko76 (05-15-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast