Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,256

1 members and 3,255 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Animal Planet Investigates PETLAND

I havent seen a petland around where i live...in years. It was in the mall but it closed. Everything was overpriced, not just the dogs..I will stick with Petsmart and Petco

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f4n70m View Post
    People who "trust" petland for their "knowledge"
    Well, I absolutely don't trust Petland for anything. The first time, we went in for hamster food, and the second, dog food for the first. I've always had intentions of getting a shelter dog, and absolutely will at some point, but sometimes things just don't work out that way. Abby, the second, is the best animal I've had hands down, and she's the one I know came from a mill. It's the same as "rescuing" a snake from one of these places. Months and a few thousand dollars later, she was perfectly healthy, and we knew exactly what we were getting into/.
    1.0 normal ball python, Simon
    1.0 spider ball python, Noah
    0.1 genetic blurry ball python, Eleanor

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    - the fox

Thanks

I agree
    Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    who would buy a puppy from petland? The petland here went out of business a few months ago but there puppys were insanely priced. I was charging 200-350 for my akc registered siberian pups they were charging 700. I saw a beagle in there once for 500
    Those prices sound cheap compared to out here. Anything with papers will cost you a fortune unless you go to someone in the paper with puppies.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vypyrz View Post
    Sounds more like HSUS or PETA at work...
    No this is not Herp related... It is an undercover investigation by the HSUS not peta who different group... The main reason for this is to get to the bottom of the Puppy Mill lies and betrayal that petland store oh so greatly do... It has nothing to do with birds, reptiles, fish or anything just the topic that petland makes customers believe that the puppies come from local breeders, and are healthy when infact they come from puppy mills and are transported by u-hauls all over the US and sold the the petland stores... As a former petland employee this a major deal and it is not the stores are being picked on, but it is to stop the support of puppy mills which myself as a SPCA officer & HSUS volunteer knows will be a never ending case... The more we do to help stop this problem the better the outcome is for the animals...

Petland is only out to make money, and could careless about the animals they hurt or the people they hurt... it is sad i am a former Petland employee so no i think Petland is getting what they deserve... I lost my own puppies to the not knowing that we had pups die from the Parvo Virus and well it is down right wrong to still sell puppies when there was some that died from it knowing the others have came into contact with it... I was never dishonest with my customers when i worked there as i would redirect them to the local shelters and rescues to get dogs and some i knew really well i would tell em exactly what was going on in the store after i found out about the parvo infestation and seeing the brokers hauling the puppies in box trucks like u-hauls and ryder trucks in the dead heat of summer and the freezing temps of winter...
    Last edited by dragonfiregeckos; 05-07-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks

Your an HSUS volunteer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aalomon View Post
    Your an HSUS volunteer?
    I am not associateed with the reptile ban or hr669... i am an animal cruelty case volunteer... I am one of the volunteers when it comes to seizing dogs, cates, livestock, and animals of that nature from cruelty cases... I supprt the reptile industry 100% but am against animal cruelty and neglect... I volunteered when we had a huge puppy mill bust here in WV a couple years ago when we seized almost 1,000 dogs from the property of a lady who was running an illegal kennel... this is the video of the rescue... so please dont think im one of the people trying to get HR669 and the reptile ban passed... i am against it and it would defet the whole purpose of me going to college for Herpetology & Animal Husbandry...

YouTube - Raw Video: 1,000 Dogs Rescued From W.Va. Kennel
    Last edited by dragonfiregeckos; 05-07-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks

I disagree with the HSUS on several topics, and I think all of Animal Planets new shows are dumb, but the more organizations involved with the puppy mill problem the better! However unknowledgable and biased they may be when it comes to snake keepers, I'm willing to side with any organization fighting puppy mills. People who run puppy mills are criminals. The HSUS isn't perfect, but they're not half as worthless as PETA, and they're not criminals. We may disagree with them on some points, but as dragonfiregeckos said, they've done a number of good things. We should try to be more open minded on this. As much as we love reptiles, they aren't the only important animals out there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy4Herps For This Useful Post:

dragonfiregeckos (05-07-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Herps View Post
    However unknowledgable and biased they may be when it comes to snake keepers, I'm willing to side with any organization fighting puppy mills. People who run puppy mills are criminals. The HSUS isn't perfect, but they're not half as worthless as PETA, and they're not criminals. We may disagree with them on some points, but as dragonfiregeckos said, they've done a number of good things. We should try to be more open minded on this. As much as we love reptiles, they aren't the only important animals out there.
    Thanks,

You would be surprised how many HSUS volunteers and workers keep reptiles... The HR669 has been going on for several years and has yet to be passed so IMHO it will more than likely not be passed or acted upon..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

HSUS is engaging in borderline criminal behavior. Sorry, but it's the truth. In some cases, it's outright criminal behavior.

I'm all for shutting down anyone who is abusing/neglecting their animals, whether they have one or two hundred. I'm NOT in favor of shutting down a person who happens to breed dogs for a living, or seizing the animals from someone just because they have XX dogs. HSUS has done both. They are also very fond of swooping in and seizing dogs, holding them for the photo ops, then dumping them onto the local rescues and pounds and rushing off to collect a bunch of donations to help support "all our work in helping these poor poor animals!". In the meantime, the local rescues have a ton of animals with little to no support finiancially.

The very fact that HSUS is pushing to get the bans passed tells me the organization is in favor of outlawing pets.

I'm not directing any of this at YOU as a volunteer in helping in cruelty cases. Just wanted to put my opinon on the topics in. I'm glad that neglected and abused dogs have people like you to help them in their time of need. I've helped my fair share of neglected dogs, fostered a bunch, all on my own dime. It's a hard thing to do.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast