I give my local petland all the support I can. I live in Ontario and to be honest the petland by me is amazing. The staff always have everything spotless, everything has food and fresh water. They (the staff) are always taking the puppies out and walking them around the store.
Heck one day when I was in there for feeders they have a backroom for employees only. I wanted to see the sizes so they let me go back. All the feeders were completely spotless with tons of food and water.
Sure they keep there dogs in smaller kennels but comon... A 4x4 cage for one dog is pretty good if you ask me for a retailer. They have two beardies for sale there that have been there since thefirst time I was there (about two years ago) and they keep them in a well furnished probably 100-125 gallon enclosure. The 8 foot burm had a 4x3 foot enclosure. The juvis tegu had the same.
This petland by me will continue to get my money as long as they keep up what they're doing. And to be honest, I would use the advice taken from an employee here and use it on my herps.

Just my two cents...