Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

4 members and 3,359 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: The Newest Addition to the Herd

Thats always fun when they surprise you like that. I had a mare do the same thing one year i took her to a stud and she wouldnt take brought her home and she bred to my older stud. I had a mare that had to be stiched every time she was bred in order to carry it to term. They do it to mares that are being raced to keep them from sucking air too. I agree its gross.lol Thanks i love my little guy, and yeah when he sheds out in the spring he looks like a liver chestnut then by the end of the summer he is just a regular sorrel. This year I am going to go back to showing my guys in reining and S.H.O.T shows.I used to rodeo and kinda want to go back to running barrels, but my barrel mare is so out of shape cause all i do is trail ride and work cattle on her. It would take me forever to get her fit again.
    Thanks to everyone for the comments.
    0.0.1 normal Bp Shyloh
    0.1 WHS Mighty Mouse
    2.2 Horses
    3.0 dogs
    and to many cats to count

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rblangel View Post
    Thats always fun when they surprise you like that. I had a mare do the same thing one year i took her to a stud and she wouldnt take brought her home and she bred to my older stud. I had a mare that had to be stiched every time she was bred in order to carry it to term. They do it to mares that are being raced to keep them from sucking air too. I agree its gross.lol Thanks i love my little guy, and yeah when he sheds out in the spring he looks like a liver chestnut then by the end of the summer he is just a regular sorrel. This year I am going to go back to showing my guys in reining and S.H.O.T shows.I used to rodeo and kinda want to go back to running barrels, but my barrel mare is so out of shape cause all i do is trail ride and work cattle on her. It would take me forever to get her fit again.
    Thanks to everyone for the comments.
    Oh my gosh I had no idea they stitched up racers! Crazy! I thought our vet was loony when he stapled her, but he was the best in our area (his office is an 1 1/2 hours from us) so I figured he knew what he was doing!

Oh I love reining and barrels! I do barrels and show just for fun at small shows in my area. I always say I'm only at the shows to make sure no one else has to get last place We actually have an ex reining champ who was worth $10,000 until someone put her in a tinsel wire electric fence. Now she's worth nothing more than a brood mare. She is a smokey black, so she throws palominos no matter what she's bred to, even donkeys!

Thanks

Yeah the first time i heard of stiching them i thought no way.I love running barrels and reining and I really want to get into cutting I worked on a cutting horse farm starting 2 year olds, and got to ride a few of the finished cutters. It was a blast. I love the little open shows they are so much fun and everyones always nice. I bet you are better then you think and as long as you have fun thats all that matters. Thats sad about the mare, I had one that tore herself up on one of those new vynl (spell check) fences. I have learned horses will find ways to hurt themselves no matter how hard we try to keep them safe. lol I would love to have a horse that i knew what color baby i was going to get everytime , but its nice to be surprised when they are born.
    0.0.1 normal Bp Shyloh
    0.1 WHS Mighty Mouse
    2.2 Horses
    3.0 dogs
    and to many cats to count

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rblangel View Post
    Yeah the first time i heard of stiching them i thought no way.I love running barrels and reining and I really want to get into cutting I worked on a cutting horse farm starting 2 year olds, and got to ride a few of the finished cutters. It was a blast. I love the little open shows they are so much fun and everyones always nice. I bet you are better then you think and as long as you have fun thats all that matters. Thats sad about the mare, I had one that tore herself up on one of those new vynl (spell check) fences. I have learned horses will find ways to hurt themselves no matter how hard we try to keep them safe. lol I would love to have a horse that i knew what color baby i was going to get everytime , but its nice to be surprised when they are born.
    I've never had the chance to do cutting or anything, but I would love to! We don't have any cutting horses, or know anyone with cattle (that are friendly to us and our horses) so I probably won't ever get to.

It is crazy how they will hurt themselves no matter what! My mare was at the trainers and fractured her skull in two places! The trainer had the nicest fence I've ever seen!

It is kind of nice to know what she'll throw! I really want a palomino mule! The last one got sold and the guy with a stud donkey got a new one and the stud fee is $1,000 now! *faint*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12