Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,404

3 members and 3,401 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Was my wifes idea

mealworms have hard our casing(chitin i think) which is hard for babies to digest. i switched from crickets to pheonix worms as a staple. they are high enough in calcium you dont need any dusting. only have 3% more fat then crickets and more protein. i buy from pheonixworm.com i just weighed my guy and hes 49 grams! he was 4 grams when i got him early march. you will know when he eats greens, they will be scattered all over the place lol my baby nibbles on them since day 1. its hard to get quality answers at bd.org, from my own experience. any questions feel free to ask
    1.0 costa rican bci
    1.0. bearded dragon
    1.0.1. crested geckos
    0.1.1. gargoyle geckos
    0.1. emperor scorpion

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ls1goat04 For This Useful Post:

jfreels (04-30-2010)

Thanks

oops, i ment to say phoenix insted of silk, also bd, you have to weed out the good from the bad, but the way your going, you have everything set anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Yeah....gotta really work on that realism when shooting a movie with a woman who has snakes for hair and can turn you to stone with a look....what were they thinking???

Thanks

There is the same argument for leopard geckos and the mealworms. People say the supers are better for them. I breed them, so I won't be running out anytime soon Cricket colony will be starting soon, though I'm currently paying a dollar for 20 so it's not killing the wallet right now. Though when this guy starts eating 20 per feeding, it will.

I'll take a look at the silk and pheonix worms. Roaches are next on my list too. Thanks guys!
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfreels View Post
    He didn't want to eat this morning. I even let his cage warm up before offering him crickets. I read somewhere that you should let them warm up before the first feeding...not sure if that's true, but I had the time to do it.

He ate all three times yesterday though, and one feeding on Sunday when we got him home. I ended up not getting anymore pictures last night, but I did get a vid of my ball eating.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreels View Post
    I was all over beardeddragons.org on Monday. I can't believe all the contradicting stuff I read vs what my nephew has read and what I learned from Reptiles Magazine.

I will be mounting a tube UVB in the tank soon I guess. I think a lot of the "hype" might just be from one person having a bad experience though. And I don't believe my beardie will die if I feed it mealworms. It will definitly not be a staple, but a few a week a believe won't kill it like some of those people say. I understand they can be over protective and why risk it, but whatev.

All my reptiles will get a checkup soon at the vet. I will get a good discount for bringing them all in at once so I am trying to coordinate that. I won't stress over the greens then, I just wanted to provide them just to see. My darklings will get the rest of the greens I'm sure
    If you want, you can PM me with any questions you may have. I was a member for years on BD.org, along with owning them for years, so I know what contradicts what and such, and what is right and wrong from experiance SO many caresheets give different information, thats why so many beardies go neglected because some recommend sand and Meal worms, and the wrong types of UVB.

Dont forget to let him settle in, about a week or so of no touching. And Also, Warm the tank up a little before you feed, but more importantly make sure he has an hour of two of lights on after you feed him so he doesnt go to sleep with a full undigested cold stomach.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beardedragon For This Useful Post:

jfreels (05-07-2010)

Thanks

New pics of Toothless. Got a new camera today. I will try and get some out-of-viv pics later this weekend. He's still a little bastard.

-J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Oh my gosh...he is adorable. I think I need to come over and kiss him on the nose!!! Such a handsome one!!
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BPelizabeth For This Useful Post:

jfreels (05-07-2010)

Thanks

Thank you! I found one more pic I took and forgot to upload...

-J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks

He's still a little piggie and nippy. I saw him do a head bob the other day.

I took some pics of the setup for Matt (Beardeddragon) so he could maybe help identify if stress is causing his bad attitude.

Setup (temporary until I get my racks up...hopefully by this weekend). Slate tile substrate ReptiSun 10.0 CF UVB. I don't remember the wattage on the other light, but it gets the job done.

Temp on the log hide:

Temp on the branch/hammock area:

His smug look...
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks

Hi your setup looks good and he is a great looking little pooper.. I wouldn't worry about him being nippy babies tend to be all over the place as its a big scary world he will calm down after a while and some tlc... As for feeders you can also try horn worms as all my beardies go crazy for them. I would mainly stick with crickets as mealies tend to cause some problems for babies as they have a hard time digesting the chitin. Any questions feel free to ask...
    Pat Jackson
    Action Reptiles
    www.ActionReptiles.com

"Life is a journey, Not a destination" Aerosmith

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Action Reptiles For This Useful Post:

jfreels (05-24-2010)

Thanks

He's still quite the little performer when I get him out. He will take mealworms from my hand though, when I get him out. Currently that's the only way he'll get them and I try to only do one or two every few days.

Now having had him for a few weeks, he's taken to carrots, he'll pick around the greens just for them. And he really seems to enjoy getting sprayed with the water bottle.
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123