Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,369

1 members and 3,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Was my wifes idea

got uvb, for the guy, im sure you do, but i metion it to everyone, yep he's gonna get big and become a little person instead of a pet, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Yeah....gotta really work on that realism when shooting a movie with a woman who has snakes for hair and can turn you to stone with a look....what were they thinking???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BOWSER11788 For This Useful Post:

jfreels (04-28-2010)

Thanks

My nephew has two dragons, so I fully read up on them back in January (I had to help him convince my sister to buy them for him).

UVB, got it!

I do have one concern though. He was a great eater Sunday when we brought him home and Monday (ate three times 3-5 crickets each time). Well yesterday he wouldn't eat a thing. And this morning he wouldn't eat. I tried the crickets, mealworms and this morning I gave him some mustard greens and turnip greens. I'm guessing it's ok for him to miss a couple days of eating? Though I have never heard either of my nephews dragons doing that. Double checked the temps, and oh yeah, he's currently shedding.
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF

Thanks

Also, I have a 40 breeder ready for him when he gets bigger. I just didn't want to set it up and heat such a large tank when I have such a small creature in it I also want to make a custom top for it so I don't have the awkward lights on top of the non-sliding screen top.
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks

He might still be getting used to his set- up, I know you said the tanks in your room, it's near a tv is it? Also no red- bulb at night. My little babies were eating like 40-65 a day. Just wait little more to see if it gets better
    Yeah....gotta really work on that realism when shooting a movie with a woman who has snakes for hair and can turn you to stone with a look....what were they thinking???

Thanks

Also I don't think shedding has a any thing to do with it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BOWSER11788 For This Useful Post:

jfreels (04-29-2010)

Thanks

TV is mounted on the wall. He is on a dresser away from the TV which sits on carpeting. We hardly watch TV in the bedroom though.

He will be moving into the "reptile room" this weekend. I am picking up some racking and hopefully giving away (read FREE) a hide-a-bed so I can fit said racking into the room. I'm hoping it will hold 2 40gal breeders, 10 gal, 2 20 gal longs, meal worm colony and cricket box.

On a good note, he ate this morning. 4-5 crickets, 1 medium and the rest were small. I don't believe he touched the greens from yesterday. My nephews beardies make a big mess when they eat the greens. The pile still looked neat and tidy.

Last night he seemed to have a really deep sleep. I got home around 2 AM (wife turned off the lights), I used my phone to check on him and he was sleeping under his log. I wanted to make sure he was alive so I tapped on the glass to see if I could get his attention. He didn't move at all. I thought he was dead for a minute. I pulled the screen off and that woke him up. He cocked his head and gave me the usual look. When I got up this morning he was still in the same spot sleeping. I turned the lights on and he got up and started basking and I fed him about an hour later.

I'll get some pics tonight. He's almost finished shedding. Hopefully I'll be getting a new camera this weekend also....not positive on that one yet though.
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks

Awsome on the rack thing. So not tv. That's good. Also
    on greens at that age, I wouldnt be concerned about it. Some
    eat at a early age, mine nibbled but at 6 months he started eating them
    like crazy. Also if you have a resonable vet near you, you could
    take him to it. Mine cost 54.00 with a worm check. I try to take my
    2 beardies, water dragon, and Russian every 6-8 months. Nut that's up to you, more than anything it's probley cause he's new. Beside this site, you could check out beardeddragons.org
    Last edited by BOWSER11788; 04-29-2010 at 03:07 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BOWSER11788 For This Useful Post:

jfreels (04-29-2010)

Thanks

I was all over beardeddragons.org on Monday. I can't believe all the contradicting stuff I read vs what my nephew has read and what I learned from Reptiles Magazine.

I will be mounting a tube UVB in the tank soon I guess. I think a lot of the "hype" might just be from one person having a bad experience though. And I don't believe my beardie will die if I feed it mealworms. It will definitly not be a staple, but a few a week a believe won't kill it like some of those people say. I understand they can be over protective and why risk it, but whatev.

All my reptiles will get a checkup soon at the vet. I will get a good discount for bringing them all in at once so I am trying to coordinate that. I won't stress over the greens then, I just wanted to provide them just to see. My darklings will get the rest of the greens I'm sure
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks

Sorry. I didn't see you feeding melies, sorry no-no I would feed
    it all
    that you have then I would just go crix till it get around 14 in then supers. The only time my Beardies get them is when my wd desnt finish hers. Trust me listen to bd.org also if you can get silk worms or petco sells them as calica worms. The are ExAaLant for them. Mealies have a to hard shell. Also go
    to beautiful dragon to get a COmplete feeding chart. Hope
    I'm helping lol

Thanks

I hope your ordering you feeders from online, save a
    ton of
    cash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast