Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,111

4 members and 3,107 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks

Anyone own a cane corso mastiff?

Does anyone here have experience with the Cane Corso? I am curious to know what they are like. How their temperament, in general, compares with the presa canario and other types of molosser breeds. How trainable, health problems, etc.

Thanks

Re: Anyone own a cane corso mastiff?

I realize this thread is old, and I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner! I have two corsi. Actually one is mine and his girlfriend belongs to my boyfriend's mother. They have wonderful temperaments! They are both very lazy, but get spurts of energy throughout the day. They are probably the best gaurd dog you could get, since it's so natural to them. If you aren't a dominant owner, I WOULD NOT recommend this breed. They need a firm hand and a follow through with every command they are given. With proper training and lots of love and attention they can be the best dogs ever. They are VERY easy to train, even if you were to get one that isn't a pup. My Benny house broke in less than a week, while Cherry took a little longer because we got her at an older age from a "breeder" who did not work with her at all. Both dogs are going into protection and obedience trials when they are fully trained, both are doing wonderful obediencewise. As far as health problems go, they tend to get hip dysplasia and cherry eyes (Hence Cherry's name har-har). If you look around and find a good breeder these shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure how they compare with other Molossers, but I've had pits and rotties and wouldn't own anything other than a corso again. They are so loving and devoted to pleasing you it makes them incredibly easy to train.

If you do your homework before buying a corso you should be fine, otherwise DO NOT BUY ONE.