Quote Originally Posted by granitestate View Post
Not sure which type, I am have no prior knowledge of Chameleons in the slightest. I put moss because that's all I had and I thought it would look nice with the rock steps hide corner hide. I couldn't make sure he had a basking spot because it's a tiny tank with no hood. Which I will suggest to him. Right now just a reptisun 2.0, the only other alternative was the 10.0, but don't think that would be suitable unless you suggest otherwise?

It's not my pet and I am broke, so I really couldn't go out and buy anything for him/her. Just donated what I had kicking around. Today I brought over some Phoenix worms, not even sure if they eat them, but atleast I tried.

I do it because I LOVE Reptiles. They are the most interesting and important hobby I ever got into
A reptisun 5.0 uvb tube is what everyone swears by. That and the calcium will keep the cham from developing mbd and other weird diseases. (calcium 4x a week for babies with calcium with d/3 once every two weeks). My guy loves silkworms, hornworms, superworms, phoenix worms, butterworms. Crickets are good (but I'm terrified of them so i don't feed them to my cham) as well as dubia roaches. Make sure the crickets are fed good food because whatever they eat is what the cham gets.
The most important thing is 3x or more misting with water. A cham isn't going to last long without water. And if the cage isn't a screen cage make sure it's cleaned out regularly. Also try to keep the cage warm (warmest spot kept about 85-90F).
Doing a quick search will give you lots of tips and cares heets. A lot of chams have similar requirements.

It's really amazing that you're willing to devote time and effort to help this little guy, even when he's not your responsibility. Chams make amazing pets and I hope when your gf's father sees the little guy flourishing he'll step it up and take care of his animal. Until then the little guy is really lucky to have you!