Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,463

2 members and 3,461 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: People like this should be locked up

Quote Originally Posted by BiggBaddWolf View Post
    I would kill the damn thing too..so lock me up. I cant believe some people who put a friggin VENEMOUS snake ahead of human lives!!!!!!!!!!!
    no one is doing this....

if you would maybe read the story, the guy pinned the snake down and cut its head off. If he pinned it down he could have easily just removed it or something. He didnt have to kill it.

No one is putting a snakes life ahead of a humans.

christ

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

Thanks

Ummmmmm I did read the story....And several are saying because he killed the snake he should be locked up, that is BULL!!!!!!!!!!! I would do the same thing were I in that position!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dr del; 04-21-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: removing censor bypass

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Ummmmmm I did read the story....And several are saying because he killed the snake he should be locked up, that is BULL!!!!!!!!!!! I would do the same thing were I in that position!!!!!!!
    He wasnt in that situation, HE PUT HIMSELF IN IT. Snakes are not out to harm anyone but live their lives. He came upon it, took it upon himself and killed it with out moving it him self. To me thats uncalled for. In your eyes any venomous snake you see wild is a threat and must be destroyed. Get real dude.

Ive kept a cobra years ago, it struck at me which is dangerous situation, did i chop its head off, NO cause its doing what its programed to do protect its self.

With attitude like that no wonder your emotions are in the way of the real picture.

Thanks

Ummmmm yeah ok.......sorry for speaking or typing my mind when I think locking someone up for killing a snake is a little harsh!!!!! But anyway!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ummmmm yeah ok.......sorry for speaking or typing my mind when I think locking someone up for killing a snake is a little harsh!!!!! But anyway!!!
    Its not harsh, read your state laws. Go kill a snake thats native to your state in front of a wildlife official and see where you end up.

Its illegal to kill native species with out special hunting permits

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by russ lawson View Post
    this sort of mentality (along with the irrational phobia of snakes by the majority of the population), is why we're seeing a decreased number of venomous snakes in the wild in the us. It saddens me that people think nothing of killing these beautiful animals when it requires less effort to call someone who could relocate them. If he's worried about it getting away before someone gets there, it's really not hard to put a bucket or something over the snake, then put a rock or something on top to make sure it stays put.
    exactly! Just put a bucket over it! This is just crazy, this story made me so mad
    1 RED TAIL BOA
    1 BALL PYTHON
    1 BRAZILIAN RAINBOW BOA
    1 CORN SNAKE

Thanks

Here is what my state law says about venemous snakes: Taken from the Wildlife Code

Snakes in Missouri are protected by state law. The Wildlife Code of Missouri treats snakes, lizards and most turtles as nongame. This means there is no open season on these animals, and it is technically illegal to kill them. Of course, realistic exceptions exist, such as when a poisonous snake comes in close contact with humans, which could result in someone getting bitten.

========================================
    Last edited by BiggBaddWolf; 04-21-2010 at 10:58 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Here is what my state law says about venemous snakes: Taken from the Wildlife Code

Snakes in Missouri are protected by state law. The Wildlife Code of Missouri treats snakes, lizards and most turtles as nongame. This means there is no open season on these animals, and it is technically illegal to kill them. Of course, realistic exceptions exist, such as when a poisonous snake comes in close contact with humans, which could result in someone getting bitten.

========================================
    One comes near me or my family, or my neighbors as they have kids also, it is dead. If the snake has to go then it has to go, better than a person being bit!!!!
    99.9999999999% of close encounters is OUR FAULT not thiers.

Thanks

OK I guess you are right...humans are dumb and need to die a slow painful death due to a venemous snakebite!!!!!!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

OK I guess you are right...humans are dumb and need to die a slow painful death due to a venemous snakebite!!!!!!!!
    Seriously dude grow up. We are the invading species taking over land that dont belong to us. We are disgustingly over populating this earth it sickens me. Snakes were here before we ever were, where else do you want them to go when your house was their home first.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast