Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,423

2 members and 3,421 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: People like this should be locked up

Quote Originally Posted by NCtrickFL View Post
    RichsBallPythons don't be a nitpicker I wasn't very precise, but seriously man, everyone knew exactly what i meant.

And this isn't what the topic is about anyway. I agree, he could have done a more sustainable thing for the environment by not killing the snake...but he does not deserved to be chastised and blasted on here. This is freaking pathetic. Anyone on here that came out against this guy is a freaking hypocrite, unless you can honestly say you have never killed a mosquito or ant purposefully. So really just back off and move on to a more constructive process. Like trying to raise awareness OUTSIDE of the reptile community. You're basically preaching to the choir in here
    Dont like it you know where the door is.

Comparing a insect to a snake is kinda childish. Misquotes carry more diseases that a snake could ever dream of. Of course people will want them killed as they have no beneficiary factor to the wilderness cept transferring disease.

And yes we will ridicule this guy for how he handled it. Like stated if he could pin the head he could easily of relocated it rather cut its head off.
    Last edited by dr del; 04-15-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: matching quote to edited post

Thanks

What is common in nature today is gone tommorrow.. Then some will scratch their heads and wonder why thy neighborhood is over run with rodents or bugs..Never know where the next cure is coming from, might just be from the venom of a scarce rattle snake..Patience Grass hopper..
    # 1 destuctive organism is man then the house cat falls 2nd..

Thanks

Yes, but we don't look at an ant on a tree in our backyard and go "OmG! That thing could come into my house and eat my food! I should kill it!" The man had the option of trapping the snake under a bucket or got a hold of it and put it somewhere until animal control got there. The thing is, he said he killed it because he wanted to be "macho man" and be able to tell his buddies that he saved some kids lives by chopping the head off a snake. If I ever move to an area that has venomous snakes, I will be prepared and always keep gloves, snake hooks, snake bags, and buckets around for such situations. If you are going to live around animals like this, then you need to be the responsible one and be able to handle yourself in such a situation. These animals were here first. WE are the ones intruding upon THEIR territory. These are living beings and they have every right (if not more of a right) to be here than we do. Respect them and if the situation calls for it, have the animal removed and relocated. There are very few situations that I would say require the animal to be destroyed.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Honestly how is there even a few people defending this idiot? He was clearly trying to act all big and bad by cutting the snakes heads off.... He pinned the head so he could have easily trapped it our held it down. He had no reason to cut the snake in half....

And yeah, comparing a snake to an insect the size of a grain of rice is pretty idiotic.

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

Thanks

I think both sides have expressed their thoughts and condemning one another for opinions and beliefs is not going to do a lot, ie, calling someone an idiot for making an example that they felt suiting.
    Persuade someone, don't get mad. Thus far I have felt that there has been very little to influence my thinking and more to disliking the "discussion" process.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr. s View Post
    I think both sides have expressed their thoughts and condemning one another for opinions and beliefs is not going to do a lot, ie, calling someone an idiot for making an example that they felt suiting.
    Persuade someone, don't get mad. Thus far I have felt that there has been very little to influence my thinking and more to disliking the "discussion" process.
    If you are referring to my post, I called the guy who chopped off the snakes head an idiot. I never called anyone here an idiot.

And I also said comparing a snake to an insect thats the size of a grain of rice is idiotic.... Am I wrong?

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

Thanks

quite frankly he could have simply gotten a stick and moved it away.....pinning it and killing it made him more of a man in his neighbors eyes as well as his own....if someone one sat on a pitbull and cut it's head off cause OMG it was heading for my neighbors house and gonna kill them or their kittens PETA would be all over it but because in most americans eyes thanks to the media it was just a stupid snake.....Had that happened here in az chances are he would have been hit with a ticket and or prison time thanks to having many endangered species of rattler thanks to macho men like him

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JEWSKIN For This Useful Post:

PurplePython (04-16-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JEWSKIN View Post
    quite frankly he could have simply gotten a stick and moved it away.....pinning it and killing it made him more of a man in his neighbors eyes as well as his own....if someone one sat on a pitbull and cut it's head off cause OMG it was heading for my neighbors house and gonna kill them or their kittens PETA would be all over it but because in most americans eyes thanks to the media it was just a stupid snake.....Had that happened here in az chances are he would have been hit with a ticket and or prison time thanks to having many endangered species of rattler thanks to macho men like him
    Exactly. Some stupid wannabe hard macho guy goes and "saves the day" by cutting a poor snake in half. Like that was the only option.. Cmon now..

Ignorant people nowadays

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

Thanks

I don't know how many people like this I see a day that ask me if I have any snakes they can buy just cause they want to make boots, belts and wallets......I have actually ruined snake skin items people have flaunted in my face like they were all macho

Thanks

I'm on the side this guy had absolutely no right to kill this snake.
    And comparing it to an ant or a mosquito is actually kind of childish... Now I could see if this snake was attached to my arm biting me then yeah kill it but randomly no. If I'm in my backyard and I see an ant hill o don't run over and destroy it... Same as I would never deliberatly go out of my way to kill a mosquito.
    Man I wish I was so brave to chop off a venomous snakes head... Pfft yeah right. Comon who is this joker?
    But seriously I live in Canada and here we have bears. If anyone ever saw a bear heading across the street near a neighbours house, pinned it down and chopped off it's head that person would be in jail.
    I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people will move to an area that has venomous snakes and think it's ok to kill every one that "goes near my house". If you don't like it, MOVE.
    Unfortunely the snakes wholive there don't have this option. I'm sure if you did as was suggested and put a bucket over it and called someone it would be VERY easy to find someone with 1/4 of a heart to relocate this animal for you.
    Well I'm off to backyard. I think I just saw an angry raccoon looking at my neighbours house (they have a chihuaha). Don't worry though guys I'm tough. I'll just pin it down and hack it's head off.

Grrrr, Jeremy.

P.s. I'm also the guy who will catch the spider in my house and let it go outside rather then squish it in some toilet paper.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast