Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,178

2 members and 3,176 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen In Works For July 3rd?

Chael Sonnen was on Hardcore Sports Radio this week with Mauro Ranallo and indicted that prior to UFC 112 he had been in contact with the UFC to discuss the idea of a middleweight title shot.

Sonnen tells Ranallo that he and the UFC had agreed to a July 3rd middleweight title bout. It's interesting to note but things may have changed after the way things went down with Anderson Silva at UFC 112.

Silva ticked off the UFC supremely with his antics during his defense against Demian Maia, clowning the challenger for most of the bout on his way to a 25 minute dance off decision win.

Sonnen earned his shot at the title by beating Nate Marquardt earlier this year to cement his spot at the top of the division.

If Silva's next bout is in fact in the middleweight division it's likely he will defend the title against either Sonnen or a returning Vitor Belfort who should be set to go and get back into the cage this summer.
    I don't like Silva but if this is true Chael Sonnen is not going to beat him
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen In Works For July 3rd?

UFC President Dana White said on Wednesday that middleweight champion Anderson Silva's next fight will be against Chael Sonnen, and that the UFC will fire Silva if he clowns around against Sonnen the way he did against Demian Maia on Saturday at UFC 112.

"We'll find out in his next fight if I got through to him or not," White said on ESPN's Jim Rome Is Burning. "He's got a real tough fight coming up because his next fight is going to be against Chael Sonnen. And Chael Sonnen is one of these guys who's not going to lay back, not going to do what these other guys did. When he's been in this position when these types of fights have happened, he's been against real good jiu jitsu guys, guys who want to get the fight to the ground. Well, Chael Sonnen is going to want to take this fight to the ground, but he's going to double-leg him and bring him down."

White said he has a hard time understanding why Silva's last two middleweight title defenses have been decisions in which Silva didn't go all-out to finish the fight.

"Anderson Silva absolutely demolished Rich Franklin twice, destroyed Dan Henderson, destroyed Nate Marquardt, then moved up to 205 and destroyed the guys he fought there," White said. "Then you see fights like this and it's just unexplainable."

White then raised the stakes and said he'd cut Silva from the UFC if Silva ever fights like that again.

"Personally I think he was embarrassed by what he did that night," White said. "Maybe he had a mental breakdown -- I don't know what happened in the ring. All I can say is I know his next opponent isn't going to be a guy who's going to lay back. Chael Sonnen is going to take it to him, and hopefully we never see that again. If we do, I'll tell you this: If he ever acts like that again in the ring, I will cut him. I don't care if he's the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, I don't care if he is the middleweight champion. I will cut him, absolutely."

Rome also asked White about a couple of other issues, including lying about the upcoming Chuck Liddell-Rich Franklin fight.

"The people who feel like they've been lied to? Too bad," White said. "Get over it. It's a reality show, and oh, well."

White was also asked about his ongoing efforts to sign Fedor Emelianenko.

"I'm as big or bigger of a fight fan, than anybody that watches mixed martial arts," White said. "So if somebody believes this guy is possibly the best -- which I personally do not think that he is one of the pound-for-pound best in the world -- yes, he is one of the best heavyweights in the world, I want to find out if he is. But it takes two to make a deal."
    Written By: Michael David Smith
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

i think chael's style could confuse silva,hopefully long enough to get caught....hopefully as silva is becoming my new mayweather.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by capitalb View Post
    i think chael's style could confuse silva,hopefully long enough to get caught....hopefully as silva is becoming my new mayweather.
    lol
    Jeff Bernard

Banned
    Thanks

If BG was Silva, he would tell Dana to kiss his azz so that Dana cuts him loose. Then BG would train until the UFC gets someone that people want to see fight BG. Dana would pay big money for Silva to come back if he thought he might lose. He'd probably make just as much money and not have to fight until they found someone with a chance to beat him. If a new champ was crowned everyone would want to see him fight Silva.