Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,398

5 members and 3,393 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Alves VS. Fitch UFC 115 in Vancouver

After having successful surgery to repair a brain anomaly last week, Thiago "Pitbull" Alves will get back to action as quickly as he had hoped. The original opponent he had to scrap in March to instead face surgery is back in his sights. Alves will face Jon Fitch on June 12 at UFC 115 in Vancouver.

UFC president Dana White made the announcement late Sunday night via his Twitter account.

Alves and Fitch met for the first time nearly four years ago, with Fitch coming out on top via TKO after a vicious up-kick stunned the Brazilian, and he finished the fight with punches on the ground.

Ever since that time, Alves has been gunning for another shot at Fitch. The two were set to have that rematch at UFC 111 in March before a scary medical situation forced Alves out of the fight.

Just days prior to the event, Alves had a pre-fight CAT scan that revealed a problem in the fighter's brain that the athletic commission in New Jersey could not overlook and he was forced off the card. Fitch remained and defeated last minute replacement Ben Saunders by unanimous decision.

Alves stayed in New York where the doctors were able to perform surgery, and immediately the American Top Team fighter was asking when he could train to fight again.

It looks like he'll get his wish and the fight he's been asking for when he faces Jon Fitch at UFC 115 in Vancouver.

The UFC solidified the location of the show last week after some back and forth with the local government, but things were settled and the promotion will make it's debut in the city that just hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics a few months ago.
    Monday, April 05, 2010 - by Damon Martin
    I like Thiago and I am glad to see made it through his surgery okay but I still have Fitch for this one...
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Alves VS. Fitch UFC 115 in Vancouver

I really want Thiago to win this, but I agree, Fitch may grind his way to another win.
    1.0.0 - Normal BP (Mauricio)