Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,368

3 members and 3,365 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Share Your Fancy Rats

Here's an updated picture of my dalmatian. He might technically be called a varigated, but I like dalmatian better, so that's what I call him

One with his friends

I don't have an updated one of the black berk because he's my mom/sis's rat and is at their house.
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 07-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Pretty boy, is he a fawn?
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    Pretty boy, is he a fawn?
    I'm considering him an apricot because he has and orange tone to him.

This one you can really see the difference between him and the fawn hooded. I did have a few doves pop up that I killed off. They are so light you can hardly see the pattern. If I get a dove girl, I'll keep her.
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 07-21-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks

The one on the right looks like a beige, the boy does kind of look like an apricot, very nice.
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks

I like my breeder boys big....600 gram Big Blue ~ Blue Self Rex coat male
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks

SnakesRkewl - Your breeding stock is simply stunning and a joy to see. I can only wish to raise stock of this quality and I am extreme admirer of self rats and velveteen fur. There are Ratterys in Arizona however they are either too far away or they release the rats with no breeding contracts. While I could take the shady route I choose not be dishonest. Truly fantastic stock...I'm drooling!

This is a new year and my breeders have been retired. I worked a perfect self Siamese Rex project however I was forced to sell the stock. The last and final pairing was a mother and son. After the move the mother at three litter until retired. It feels quite disappointing to hear this even if I was not there to witness the abrupt end to my endeavors.

Another disappointment this year was going out to purchase breeders and finding the stock available was by far limited, unimpressive or suffered from external parasites. My breeders from the past two years came from the Arizona Reptile Center but after buying my new stock from this store I returned them shortly when I discovered lice. It's quite shame since they had some amazing chinchilla blues bred for conformation and genetics from a local.

I simply did not have a time to treat an outbreak of lice and purchased feeders from another establishment. They are wonderfully healthy and well mannered. However they are not quality breeders. There were three females but one died after the stress of moving, despite medications. The two surviving females appeared to have been impregnated before purchase. Making Pongo the youngest rat I have seen by far ready to birth.

Bo-Jangle - RIP She is on the very left.

Serenity

Mutton Chops - His color doesn't not capture well in photos but it is interesting. Any guesses?

Pongo - Her jet black and pure white fur attracted me.

Pongo and Serenity

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The one on the right looks like a beige, the boy does kind of look like an apricot, very nice.
    You know, I bet you're right. I have another fawn hooded who has a bit more yellow than that beige, but definitely not orange like the apricot. I have trouble with beige and fawn Light fawn, dark fawn, beige I wish I had some fancy ones! Pretty much the only rattery around closed down and other people won't sell to me because I want to breed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    You know, I bet you're right. I have another fawn hooded who has a bit more yellow than that beige, but definitely not orange like the apricot. I have trouble with beige and fawn Light fawn, dark fawn, beige I wish I had some fancy ones! Pretty much the only rattery around closed down and other people won't sell to me because I want to breed.
    I agree but I want to write this anyway...lol.

More often than not when you have a creme or beige colored rat is indeed a fawn. Fawn is a fairly common ruby eyed diluted gene and tends to be popular.

Thanks

Fawn is the meeting of recessive ruby eye and agouti creating a pretty orange rattie.
    There is so many recessive traits flying through rats it's crazy.

I've had a few fawns in my breeding stock, none at the moment, but that's going to change, I have someone holding two female fawn girls for me, yay.
    I also hope to re-introduce agouti to blue again, I loved my blue agouti rats I had before, blue with orange hairs, a pretty combo
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Fawn is the meeting of recessive ruby eye and agouti creating a pretty orange rattie.
    There is so many recessive traits flying through rats it's crazy.

I've had a few fawns in my breeding stock, none at the moment, but that's going to change, I have someone holding two female fawn girls for me, yay.
    I also hope to re-introduce agouti to blue again, I loved my blue agouti rats I had before, blue with orange hairs, a pretty combo
    Ok, so he's definitely a beige. The female 'fawn' I have has ruby eyes. That will make it much easier! I can't believe all the recessive traits that pop up! I started with a fawn hooded, a black hooded, a black capped, an agouti hooded, and an agouti self. The agouti self is the one who keeps throwing all the weird colors/patterns! I'm so happy I picked her up! I would love to have a blue agouti! I had a blue hooded, but never bred her because she was a pet and was 3 by the time I started breeding.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast