Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,337

2 members and 1,335 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,121
Threads: 248,563
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mites????

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks

Re: Mites????

Quote Originally Posted by bsash View Post
    i have always used "mite off" for my ball pythons because you can put it directly on the snake, but i have heard nothing but great things about "provent a mite: As well.

What i have always done was treat the snake with mite off, then place it in a "hold box" and i would take out all of the substrate and bleach the cage.

Then i would take out all objects in the cage such as hides, climbing sticks, etc. And treat them. If the objects are real wood i would bake them in the oven at 450 degrees for one hour, and if it were fake wood i would soak them in a bucket of half bleach and half water for an hour, once done soaking i would take them and rinse them very well. Then i would repeat the process only without the bleach in the bucket.

One done sterilizing everything, i would use paper towels as substrate, and place everything back in the cage.
    x2

Thanks

Talking Re: Mites????

Provent-A-Mite, or PAM works wonders, i had mites back in october, after one treatment, they were gone. Never had em since, i tried Mite-Off and its way too much hassle, one application of PAM and thats it. You have to purchase it online, but is...AMAZING. Seriously. The Best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12