That's what I suspected as well Coldblooded. If the tigers happen to die, the zoo can then sell the parts. If they want to kill the tigers for parts, they should just do it, and not starve them to death. Long painful death just to avoid getting into trouble and profit from the tigers they've bred.

Since the employees haven't been paid though, maybe it was just they didn't have money, but letting them starve just isn't a real acceptable thing, no matter what. However.. where in china would be able to take in a dozen tigers and feed them? There's not a lot of places like sanctuarys or zoos as far as I know. Taking them out of country would be a long process of paperwork and negociating also, so the tigers would have been dead before the paperwork would be half done. I'd hope there would be some agency that could at least donate food or money to feed the tigers. Considering how much money those stupid AR groups suck up, you'd think they could cough up some to feed endangered species in danger of starving. Of course.. they wouldn't ever do that, god forbid they putout money to HELP an animal.

Tragic senseless painful deaths for animals. Always a sad thing.