Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,299

1 members and 2,298 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

View Poll Results: Full and Complete collection page?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I think it speaks to the breeders pride in their animals quality and their passion

19 32.20%
  • I like seeing it but I think breeder's don't have to show everything they are working with

31 52.54%
  • Dosen't bother me have it or not dosen't sway my desire to buy or not

6 10.17%
  • Really couldn't care less...Just have animals for-sale and I'm happy

3 5.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Breeder Website Input!

When visiting a breeders website do you like to see a complete collection page that shows everything they are working with, from combo's to base morphs? Does it help you choose who your going to be buying what from next? Is it that you enjoy seeing who has what..

Please weigh in, let me know Yes you like to see a complete Collection page or it doesn't matter and why..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Re: Breeder Website Input!

When I go to a breeder's website the first thing I look at is how clean and neat the layout is. My second move is straight to the Collection page. I really like to go through each and every morph the breeder is working with and view their comments on that particular morph/animal. I don't know why, but it just seems like this way the breeder puts more effort into letting his/her potential customers know what kind of animals they may be getting.

Just my personal opinion.
    ~ Nicole
    www.CanadianRegius.com

Click to Like & Subscribe to Candian Regius!

Thanks

I chose second option.

At the end of the day...if Big Breeder A is hiding Morph B in his collection NOT on his site....you probably couldnt buy it anyways. LOL

Thanks

Doesn't bother me either way. I sometimes take a quick look but odds are if I'm looking at your page I already know what kind of quality you have to offer. Its important for me to be able to see a picture of the parents when I'm considering buying an animal though.

Anyone can put up the best of the best on their collection page and keep sub par breeding stock behind closed doors.
    Last edited by Spaniard; 03-11-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    I chose second option.

At the end of the day...if Big Breeder A is hiding Morph B in his collection NOT on his site....you probably couldnt buy it anyways. LOL
    I'm with Pat on this one.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts

Doesn't matter either way to me, I look for quality in the animals they have forsale/produce, then the payment plan options they offer.
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

I personally like seeing pictures of the breeder's collection and the prices that are listed as well. I like seeing pictures of the projects that different breeders have going too.

Thanks

Well, the thing with snakes or any sort of live animal is that you don't have a constant 'for sale' supply all the time. I hate when I go on a breeder's website, and they have 1 or 2 animals for sale and no updated collection page. I don't think it's neccessary for the collection page to contain each and every animal, but it should at least give the customer a scope at what type of animals and morphs they can expect from you, that way they know whether it's worth coming back for another look again or not if you have the type of animals they're looking for.
    Internet marketing, there's tons of sites out there, so if they look on yours and don't see what they want, chances are they'll just carry on and not come back.

Plus, I love them when they're informative, they can be alot of fun to read!

Thanks

I like when they show at least the snakes that have produced what they have on their 'available' page. If I'm looking at a baby, I want to see the parents too. I don't have to know exactly which ones produced which, but I would like to see at least an example of each type of morph that is being produced at least.

For more of a 'for fun' basis, I like to see everything I enjoy seeing the range of the snakes that the breeders keep.

However, my biggest pet peeve.... no pictures on the 'available' page. I'll skim a list of names and morphs and prices, but if there aren't pictures, I'm more than likely not going to spend much time on that site. I know you can email the breeder for pics, but I like to be able to skim and see if there is anything that I would want to see more of, instead of "can I see the pics of (however many snakes)?" If I see something I'm interested in, I'll ask for more pictures, but I'm not likely to ask for pictures to see if I'm interested...
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeries View Post
    Well, the thing with snakes or any sort of live animal is that you don't have a constant 'for sale' supply all the time. I hate when I go on a breeder's website, and they have 1 or 2 animals for sale and no updated collection page. I don't think it's neccessary for the collection page to contain each and every animal, but it should at least give the customer a scope at what type of animals and morphs they can expect from you, that way they know whether it's worth coming back for another look again or not if you have the type of animals they're looking for.
    Internet marketing, there's tons of sites out there, so if they look on yours and don't see what they want, chances are they'll just carry on and not come back.

Plus, I love them when they're informative, they can be alot of fun to read!
    100% Agree.
    ~ Nicole
    www.CanadianRegius.com

Click to Like & Subscribe to Candian Regius!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast