Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,357

5 members and 3,352 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

UFC Counter-Programing Strikeforce CBS Card

UFC President Dana White recently confirmed that the organization will be counter-programming the Strikeforce CBS card on April 17, with its own live event. In the past, the UFC has used previous pay-per-views in order to counter-program Strikeforce events. The proposed UFC event is most likely to be broadcast on Spike TV.

Mike Swick was offered a main event fight against Matt Serra, unfortunately Swick was unable to accept the bout due to a arm injury that may require surgery.

The main event may now be Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione which was originally scheduled for UFC 113 in Montreal. Having Slice in the main event of a free card could potentially steal hundreds of thousands of viewers away from the Strikeforce card.

There is a possibility that if the UFC does put this card on April 17, then CBS may move the Strikeforce card to April 24, where it would compete against the first WEC pay-per-view being held in Sacramento.-Article Author is Hugh Spencer
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: UFC Counter-Programing Strikeforce CBS Card

I guess Danna was bluffing? He just said these things:

“I was never putting an April 17 show on,” said White. “The media started calling me and asking me, so I just (bad word) let it ride out and let them sweat it. (bad word) them.

“You want to compete with us, let’s do it. I never, ever said I was doing an April 17 show. People asked me questions and I said, ‘hmm, that’s interesting. Okay.’ And I played it a little bit,” added the UFC president.

“What you guys have to understand sometimes is these guys consider themselves a competitor, and I like to compete, so I can’t always tell you guys exactly what I’m doing and what I’m thinking and what’s going to go on,” said White.
    Jeff Bernard