Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,899

3 members and 2,896 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Gtp/Etb housing

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Gtp/Etb housing

I have been reading alot and reading some more. Seems like everyone is using a tub to house the babies in. Is it possible to use a tank? I have heard of a big breeder using tanks but I cannot find info on using a tank.

I know humidity would be a problem but what if I used a fogger system? Also how would you go about heating in a tank? You cant use a uth and I have no experience with RHP units.

I am trying to learn as much as possible. It will be at least 6 months before I get the snake. I want to buy everything and have it all set up for about a month before I get the animal.

I want to use a tank as a tub wont make a good display unit at all and a single tub will look stupid sitting on a stand lol. Please help out.
    I figure a 10 gallon tank would be fine size wise at first and I have no problem with buying a bigger tank when needed. I just dont know how to heat or get humidity where it needs to be.

I have seen the terrarium units with the screen top and swing open doors. They arent expensive but I still need to get temps and humidity all good.

Thanks

Re: Gtp/Etb housing

I had mine in a 29 high and used 1/8 inch glass to regulate the humidity in the tank...of course the tank was in a room where the ambient temp was at 78 degrees....
    1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    1.0 Anerythrystic Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.1 Het Albino Red Tail Boas
    1.0 Albino motley Red Tail
    1.2 Green tree pythons
    1.1 Emerald Tree Boas
    2.2 Corn snakes
    1.3 Honduran Milks (1.1 alb, 0.1 het alb, 0.1 dbl het)
    3.4 Ball pythons (Lemon bee, Spider & Pied males. 2 Pastels,poss het pied, girls)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The room temp is 76-78 degrees year round. I know the room temp is good. I need to get the humidity and hot spot right tho. If I use a tank I am sure I will get tagged sooner or later having to reach my hand all the way down and spot clean.

I dont know how to set up a RHP, I dont know if I can use a basking bulb on top to provide the hot spot either. The problem is I see so many different things online that its hard to tell what I should actually do.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The problem with a bulb is at night the temps will drop at the hot spot unless I use a timer. I have no problem using a dimmer with a timer but the light cycle will be all screwey ya know.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wow 1 phone call solved everything. I just got off the phone with Rico and its all good. I totally over estimated how hard it is to house these animals. Thanks for the help tho.