Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,316

0 members and 3,316 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy My cat was put to sleep...

After being sick for over a year, my best friend of almost 15 years passed away yesterday due to liver failure. I miss and love you so much Baby...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

~~Kris Hardy
    See my collection ---> www.iherp.com/fizzgig77
    www.klhreptiles.com

Thanks

Re: My cat was put to sleep...

sorry to hear that. ive had many animals go over the years. my faimly is a bunch of animal lovers and i grew up with all types of animals. unfortunately theres always that time when we have to come to that horrible fork in the road, we have to make a decision to let our beloved friends and family go to their better place. its always a hard thing to do. the circle of life i know youll miss him/her and itll be hard to charish another like you did them. all will get better in time!
    1.1 het pied
    1.1 butter
    1.0 lemon pastel yellow belly
    0.1 lemon pastel
    and the addiction begins!

feeders(rats) - breeders(1.9) very happy male!
    feeders(mice) - 2.5 breeders

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

So sorry for your loss. I have a cat that is very ill and is also going to be put down soon. It is very heartbreaking when we lose our animals or have to part with them. You have my sincerest condolences.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a pretty kitty Baby was. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost the last of my three college kitties in May 2008. I wasn't looking for another kitty so soon, but two entered my life a month later and they really did help make the hurt not so intense. I can't imagine my life without these two now.

I hope when you're ready, you'll open your heart and home to another new kitty in honor of your Baby.

Thanks

I really feel for you Kris, I'm afraid my old cat may be in the same position soon, and I've had her since I was 6. Cats are the best companions and it's tough to lose such a close friend. Jeez I'm tearing up just thinking about it...
    Zack

Asking dumb questions is easier than fixing dumb mistakes.

Thanks

Thank you all for your really kind words. Tomorrow we pick up his ashes which will be really hard for me. Its just so weird not having him walk around my feet trying to trip me and not hearing this squeaky meow (he was very vocal). I do not see myself getting another cat for a long time, we still have 2 cats but if we do decide to bring another cat into our family it will definitely be a shelter cat. Baby was a shelter cat, I adopted him when I was 17. Again, thank you everyone
    Last edited by KLHReptiles; 02-08-2010 at 01:35 AM.
    ~~Kris Hardy
    See my collection ---> www.iherp.com/fizzgig77
    www.klhreptiles.com

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss. I once had a rottie named baby that I had from when I was 2 until I had to put him down due to cancer when I was 16. I don't think in 14 yrs that dog left my side. When we had to make the trip to the vet to have him put down I held him all the way there and through the whole process. I may be a big muscle guy now but I don't think I've ever shed as many tears over anything as I did that day. I'm 32 now and still have his collar to this day.
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

VERY sorry for your loss
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Sorry for your loss. I was in your position two years ago when my best (animal) friend had to be be put down at the ripe age of 18 because her eyes started folding in and she was having a hard time walking around without walking into walls. She was the sweetest cat in the world.
    Mark Batch
    (716)-603-9188
    supercinnamon1day@yahoo.com

Thanks

I am so sorry for your lose.
    Bvz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast