Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,097

4 members and 3,093 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: new sav

Thanks

Re: new sav

Quote Originally Posted by musicalKeyes View Post
    Unfortunately when typing, no sense of how the words are said can be had, only the words themselves.
    Exactly. There's no inflection. It's like me walking up to my best friend and saying 'Jacka$$!' -he knows I'm joking around from my tone of voice. If I was to type the same thing in an email, he might take it the wrong way.

And as Mumps mentioned, you don't gain experience from reading up on something or watching YouTube, although you can gain insight. Watching a video of a nasty monitor taking a bite out of someone is one thing, being the guy bitten in the video is totally different.

I never could have dreamt of having these resources at my disposal when I was a young lad. The ability to learn from the collective experience of you all is amazing! There are some painful mistakes I may have had the insight to avoid; although the experiences did help me in other ways.

Quite frankly, there are generations of us on this and most internet forums, and we need to realize we all have different views and opinions. The optimism of youth and the wisdom of maturity both have something to offer each other. Take what you can from this open format with a grain of salt, mix it with your own insight and experience and hopefully we can all learn from each other along the way. We may agree to disagree but there's no reason to get vindictive about it.

Cheers to you all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nadamamasboy For This Useful Post:

mumps (02-09-2010)

Thanks

Hoo boy. I remember being seventeen and thinking I had all the answers. When I hit 29 I realized that all those years, my parents had been right. I'm not looking forward to my son reaching 17, I know we're going to have to go through that all again.
    I never claimed i had all the answers. I admited that i dont know everything and i admitted a learned a new fact everyday.

As for experience being superior to reading, i must agree. I could never learn the habbits, actions, and bluffs that my animals put on through just words.
    Connor Paschke
    Pre-vet Major at SUNY Plattsburgh

1.0 Jungle Carpet Pythons (Headhunter lineage)
    1.0 Dwarf Albino Reticulated Python (Steve Gooch)

Thanks

some soaking pics

Thanks

Nice little Savannah monitor, makes mine look obese. Don't worry, it will plump up as it gets older. You should have it vet checked for internal parasites though, almost all the babies have them as sad as it is.

Wish I had a camera to post pictures...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456