Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,298

1 members and 3,297 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: new sav

Thanks

Re: new sav

Quote Originally Posted by redstormlax12 View Post
    I love my pets as family members but ive still had to rehome them because i could not devote the attention that they needed. Its more of a nobel thing to rehome the animals you have lost interest in, your not in denial and neglecting the animals.
    No, you're totally right, it's a great thing to make a commitment to care for another living being, get bored of it, and pass it off to someone else like a pack of baseball cards. That's extremely noble. Personally, that's what I do with everything I love as a family member.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Nice sav, hope to see more pics in the future!

It's too bad this thread has gone to crap because of a troll.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    It's too bad this thread has gone to crap because of a troll.
    You can feel free to keep insulting me, my viewpoint still stands that it's not okay to cast off animals simply because one's interests change. Perhaps one should think a little harder before taking on the care of an animal?

Am I the only one who doesn't think that's such an outlandish concept? Make a commitment to an animal's care, and keep it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to allergenic For This Useful Post:

mumps (02-08-2010)

Thanks

S/He's a beautiful little guy, I'd love to have one of these "little" guys in the future

Also, seriously? I hate to continue this, but the first reptile I had was a Garter Snake I caught when I was five; now I'm nineteen, and reptiles and amphibians are something I still love. Age has nothing to do with responsibility. And there have been times (e.g., four years ago when my dad lost his job for a short time, my mother was sick, and a family member had cancer) that I have not felt financially able enough to take care of animals that depend on me, so yes, they went to loving homes, and it was incredibly hard to do. I now have a job and feel able to again care for my animals with the respect and care they deserve, but if ever again in my life I feel that I am in no way able to care for them, I'd much rather they go to someone whom I know can give them the love they deserve. So get off that high and mighty horse you're riding around, allergenic, and try not to judge us all mere mortals too harshly.
    1.0 normal ball python, Simon
    1.0 spider ball python, Noah
    0.1 genetic blurry ball python, Eleanor

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    - the fox

Thanks

thank's for the compliments on my sav . with all this stuff that is going on i don't know if i dare post more pics ..lol . this forum needs a rant and rowr thread so a person doesn't have 4 pages of moaning and only a couple of comments on the actual thread
    Last edited by dr del; 02-07-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: removing censor bypass

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GRIZZLY81 For This Useful Post:

monty's dad (02-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY81 View Post
    thank's for the compliments on my sav . with all this stuff that is going on i don't know if i dare post more pics ..lol . this forum needs a rant and rowr thread so a person doesn't have 4 pages of moaning and only a couple of comments on the actual thread
    hahaha, agreed. every one is going to have problems with everyone else's techniques, husbandry, life, whatever, but there's no need to argue when there's a beautiful little sav to be admired!
    Last edited by dr del; 02-07-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: matching quote to edited post
    1.0 normal ball python, Simon
    1.0 spider ball python, Noah
    0.1 genetic blurry ball python, Eleanor

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    - the fox

Thanks

your sav is beautiful btw. And yes i do miss mine. Was dog tame and he was a great animal. sorry for jacking your thread. best of luck with him\her

Thanks

ya that's the bad thing about this , everybody has their own way of doing things and everybody else's way is wrong . believe me i've heard it all before . as a wise old man once said " take in all the information and use what work's for you " . whenever i've researched anything on reps on the net i have never came across 2 sites that say the same thing ..lol .

Thanks

thank's balls . your's looked well taken care off also . i'm hoping my will tame down also , and as you must know with these guys it all boils down to time . once they realize you ain't going to eat them they're fine ...lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY81 View Post
    thank's balls . your's looked well taken care off also . i'm hoping my will tame down also , and as you must know with these guys it all boils down to time . once they realize you ain't going to eat them they're fine ...lol
    yeah mine came in with a little bit of a attitude but came around with proper handling to the point you could open his cage and he would come right up to you and climb out. He loved people and would love to walk around the room.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast