Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,353

2 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: New Year's Puppies

It's not the fact that it is mutts (if you can't read) it is about the fact that it is UNHEALTHY for his female.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    2.0 Off Track Thoroughbreds
    0.3 human kids
    1.0 Boyfriend who puts up with the craziness

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catawhat75 View Post
    It's not the fact that it is mutts (if you can't read) it is about the fact that it is UNHEALTHY for his female.
    This thread was more about breeding MUTTS adding to the population of dogs. Health wasn't brought up until certain ppl got rude when challenged.

Bottom line its his dog and he can do what he feels is in her best interest, just like we do with out pets. Simple as that.

Thanks

Oh but we can bash people for not taking care of their snakes the right way? Excccuuse me. So sorry! Well, if he can take care of (ha!) his dog any way he sees fit, then there is no reason people should get jumped on for doing other stupid things and not doing right by their animals. Makes perfect sense to me. Its not a reptile so who cares.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catawhat75 For This Useful Post:

aaramire (01-07-2010),Repfanaticlady28 (01-06-2010)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

You can argue all you want RESPECTFULLY. OP not once disrespected anyone here in this thread yet many felt the need to make an ass out of them selves over something they cant do squat about. Just DROP IT already

Thanks

Why don't you follow your own advise?

And as for something I feel passionately about, when I see something that is detrimental to an animal, I am going to speak up. It is obvious that Jason loves his dog, but he should be concerned about her health and the puppies. It's not only Jason I have the issue with, it's alot of those who have posted in this thread.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

Registered User Repfanaticlady28's Avatar
    Thanks

Awwww! Did I chafe somebody the wrong way again? Welcome to my world. I have to fight against tons of idiotic, irresponsible dog breeders and their supporters every day. Might as well make some people feel the same way as me.
    Elise- If you didn't read the whole thread then STFU! You obviously didn't read the part where Jason has bred this dog twice within less than a 7 month period. If that still sounds like a responsible breeder to you then you are an idiot. I want somebody (preferrably Jyson) to show me where it says that it's healthy for a dog to be bred that often. Heck, good luck finding something that says it's healthy to breed a dog at all.
    Brook

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catawhat75 View Post
    Why don't you follow your own advise?

And as for something I feel passionately about, when I see something that is detrimental to an animal, I am going to speak up. It is obvious that Jason loves his dog, but he should be concerned about her health and the puppies. It's not only Jason I have the issue with, it's alot of those who have posted in this thread.
    Please show where i was rude to anyone or pointed fingers at anyone. I stated my facts about shelters and breeders and thats it. Everyone else as gone on and on about populations of dogs in a rude disrespectful way. You and many others can get your point across with out being rude to anyone.

Thanks

Meant the drop it part, not the rude part. My bad.
    But it does piss me off and while 99% of the time I can remain civil or just stick to the facts, this is something that has gone on before. Heard the I won't breed her again before. Just like ignorance against reptiles hit most of our buttons, this one hits mine (and several others).

While it is his right to do as he pleases, it is not fair to that dog. Bottom line.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Since when has "fair" had anything to do with legality? It is his animal. Bottom line.

You can try to educate someone, but you can not control their actions. Getting bent out of shape about it and berating someone does not actually do anything. It might make you feel better, but it isn't going to change the situation at hand.
    I agree that there are too many animals in shelters. Just like I agree that there are too many babies born into bad situations. It is irritating, but it just doesn't pay to get worked up over it. You end up just making yourself look bad.

Thanks

And in my mind, those that say well it's his animal, we shouldn't care- look bad.

Not getting worked up about it and ignoring the problem sounds like a great idea. Why don't we do that with all the drama going on about loosing our snakes. Heck, BPs aren't on the chopping block, why should I care? But I do, and I fight because it is the right thing to do, because I don't want them coming after other animals next.

In fact, why don't we ignore everything and let people do as they please? Who needs accountability, to be responsible, to do the right thing?

No wonder most people think so poorly of the "reptile freaks"....
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast