Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,262

1 members and 3,261 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Butter

Thanks

Re: New Butter

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    I know we are just beating a dead horse (gosh I hate that phrase) but I would do a little more research on your breeder and ask him to send photos of BOTH parents, updated ones, with perhaps a current date in the background just to make sure. I dunno. Just a thought....
    x2. just kinda skimming the thread but I would definitely get some pics of the parents with the current date in the background
    1.0 Mojave Spider BP "Merlotte"
    0.2 Normal BP "Maryanne and Tara"
    1.0 Normal BP "Xander"
    0.1 Pastel BP "Freyja"
    0.1 Red-Tail Boa "Sookie"
    1.0 Amazon Tree Boa "Stackhouse"
    2.0 Moon Crabs "Dunbar and Santiago"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Apple Herps View Post
    That's possible. But amels have such a wide variety, and this one isn't that odd looking of an amel to be honest. As I mentioned earlier, some het caramels have a yellowish tint that can take over their body. But not all do. Though this one does have that coloration one might expect from an amel that is het caramel.
    I am aware of this phenomenon with amels het for caramel having extra yellow, but I have yet to see a really extreme example of one. I have a couple of amel het caramel girls myself. While they do have a bit more yellowish tones to them than most amels, their reds are still pretty apparent but kind of muted. Would you say that most amels het for caramel with the extreme yellows hatch looking extemely yellow or that the yellow typically creeps in over time? Does anybody have any photos of these high-yellow amels het caramel (hatchling and/or adult) that they could post on this thread for comparison? Thanks!
    ~Wendy~

RepStylin®

Reptile Collection: Amazon Tree Boas, Ball Pythons, Boa Constrictors, Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Carpet Pythons, Chondro, Corn Snakes, King Snakes, Milk Snakes and a Retic. Too many morphs to list anymore!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wendhend View Post
    I am aware of this phenomenon with amels het for caramel having extra yellow, but I have yet to see a really extreme example of one. I have a couple of amel het caramel girls myself. While they do have a bit more yellowish tones to them than most amels, their reds are still pretty apparent but kind of muted. Would you say that most amels het for caramel with the extreme yellows hatch looking extemely yellow or that the yellow typically creeps in over time? Does anybody have any photos of these high-yellow amels het caramel (hatchling and/or adult) that they could post on this thread for comparison? Thanks!
    It's not really extreme, at least the ones I've seen. It's enough where you can say "Oh yeah, it does look more yellow" but isn't so extreme where it screams het caramel. My breeder male amel that is het caramel, is actually a sunglow and shows no hint. Same with other het caramels that I've hatched, they all looked "normal".

But if you look on cs.com, you'll find people that have posted comparison shots.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345