Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,304

1 members and 3,303 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Global Warming Could Mean No More Pets

You just can't use global warming to argue that we shouldn't keep animals as pets. I'm sorry but the millions of cows, chickens, and pigs that get slaughtered every day contribute FAR more to global warming than our dogs and cats. If they are REALLY concerned about global warming, than wouldn't they be stopping meat production?

I just can't stand people that use science like this. Pets have nothing to do with global warming. Sure, my dog farts, but so do politicians.
    Under Construction.....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    ....I do NOT want to be scared into something.
    Yeah, I agree that being scared into believing something is wrong. That's part of the reason I hated having Bush run our country into the ground for the past 8 years, but if you don't put a fire under people they won't take any action until it's too late.

Only difference between Bush and Gore; is Gore wasn't lying about his agenda behind his scare tactics.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

As far as the pets and global warming issues is just plain out retarded.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    If they are REALLY concerned about global warming, than wouldn't they be stopping meat production?
    Actually, this year The Humane Society of the United States authored and lobbied for a bill that forces the FDA to mandate farms to report their green house gas emissions and carbon footprint data each year. It passed.

Hmmmm .. What do you think they might try to do with that data in a few years?

For what it's worth, most of the senior staff at the HSUS is vegan and doesn't believe that people should have the personal choice to eat meat ... but they say that at this point they recognize that society isn't ready for laws prohibiting the consumption of meat.

I can't help but wonder what happens when they decide that society is ready?

I have no problem with being vegan or vegetarian ... hell, you could spend the rest of your life eating nothing but skittles for all I care (that's my 8 year olds plan) ... but I would like to be able to make my own choices.

Blessings,

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

Denial (12-23-2009),monk90222 (12-28-2009),neilgolli (12-23-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Its all about the cow farts, haven't you heard?, LOL.

Global warming can be argued back and forth but for me I think we should burn cleaner fuels like natural gas or solar, not necessarily because of global warming, but becuse its safer, healthier and DOMESTIC. Foriegn oil puts $ in the hands of those who wish to destroy us, natural gas, wind and solar are made right here in the good old USA. I think we need to keep OUR $ right here, not to Saudia Arabia and other extremist cultures. Most of the 911 folks were Saudi's (see Osama) not Iraqi's(none). We live in a bubble in space and filling it with carbon monoxide cannot be good, forget about global warming. If you cooked in you house with gasoline you would kill EVERYTHING in the house, thats why we use natural gas to cook. The reason we still use so much gas and oil is not because other technologies don't exist, ask Picken's (a conservative), its because its the most profitable industry in the history of the world and they dont wish to give that up, would you?

Animals dont cause global warming, the morons in Washington spewing all that hot air do!
    Last edited by West Coast Jungle; 12-23-2009 at 04:36 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to West Coast Jungle For This Useful Post:

Auletto (12-23-2009),BPelizabeth (12-24-2009),Custom Exotics (12-23-2009),Swingline0.0.1 (12-23-2009)

Thanks

Hmm, the skittle diet. I could totally go with that diet.

I just think these people are looking for every excuse they can find why keeping pets should be illegal. I'm sorry but there are far worse things in this world you could be worrying about. War, domestic violence, drugs, keeping kids in school, world hunger. Those are very good things to worry about, but seriously, they want to worry about how much a rottweiler farts?
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

This is getting out of hand with these people.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure they are up there on the list. What I don't get is why everything has to be a ban. Its always a do or don't. Instead of banning all these things, why not just put some kind of law in place that makes it more regulated. Say you have two people who want a retic. One is a passionate reptile lover who has done a ton of research on the snake and has gotten the enclosure ready and everything. The other person who just thinks it would be cool to have a big snake to show off to his/her friends. Now, in order to purchase one of these giant snakes, you have to go through a permit process. You have to show you know about these animals, what they need, and what they are capable of. Maybe even show proof you have the right type of enclosure. Perhaps even go through a "Big Snake Training Course" if you are first time owner. (kind of like hunting when you have to take the basic hunting course here in Virginia before you can get a hunting license) Then and only then you can get a permit to own a retic. Who do you think is going to get the permit?

But then someone could argue that people will sell and purchase snakes without the permit. Make it punishable by law to sell a "dangerous non-native" snake without a permit, punishable with a hefty fine. I know it sounds harsh but I would rather go through all of this and be able to keep my snakes legally and be able to sell them legally to people I know have gone through the effort of learning about these snakes, than to have this proposed ban. I know it sounds like a lot of control and many people don't like that. But think of how many people go into a pet store and buy a snake on a whim, take it home and then forget about it or it gets too big for them to handle. With measures like this in place, that wouldn't happen as often. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen at all, but definitely not as often.
    Under Construction.....

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Serpents Den is not as "crazy" as some of you may think. If even those of you who are set in your ways & beliefs took the time to watch "Zeitgeist" (a whole 2 hours of your life) You would be shocked.

The whole point of this thread is that more people need to stand up for what they believe in. Like they use to. What happened to the militia's, the resistance, the renegades..

People have become weak. The media has done its job and now we just lay down and take it.

Im just glad the word about the snake ban bills is getting out. It seems finally some people who had no idea about it are finally having their eyes opened. Everything else will come in time. Those who own dogs/cats. They will see. When they come to take our dogs & cats, some of them will wish they had fought for the rights of other pet owners as well because if and when that happens, If my snakes are illegal (if it ever gets to that point) I wont fight for anyone elses pets.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

Serpents_Den (12-28-2009)

Thanks

Take my car my truck or SUV. stop supplying me with gasoline but don't touch my pets.

Sorry to all you nascar fans, but I would rather see that wast of gas and unnecessary pollution go before they think about taking our pets away.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast