Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,168

1 members and 3,167 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Global Warming Could Mean No More Pets

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    well correct me if I am wrong but hasn't it been proven that the earth goes through a natural warm and cooling progression and this has been happening forever??
    Yes. And it's also been proven that other planets in our solar system are experiencing the same overall temp increases as we are, at the same rate. Those planets really need to clean up their act!

Or perhaps, it's just normal solar shifts causing the global warming?

Remember in the 70's and 80's that we were being warned of global cooling?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

neilgolli (12-23-2009),Swingline0.0.1 (12-23-2009)

Thanks

There was an ice age 10,000 years ago...but were not in an ice age now. I guess caveman SUVs caused the earth to warm up huh? lol

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

Yes, global warming is part of a traceable natural cycle. What difference does that make? Human activities have shown signs of speeding up that cycle--not causing it. The problem is that this is a natural disaster on an unprecedented scale. Slowing it down may give people (and wildlife) just a bit more time to deal with it.

Some of the ways wildlife is coping is fascinating. Polar bears aren't going to survive this, but they have a 'plan'--they're hybridizing with the grizzly bears they were believed to have evolved from in the first place. These 'grolers' will be able to survive the warming as they lose their reflective fur coat, and are able to eat a wider variety of available foods. Since we now understand that natural hybridization is part of evolution, it's really a wonder to see it in action.

What gets me is that they are promoting the fiction that we can stop the global warming cycle. They're expecting us to forget what scientists already said when they first REALLY identified it--it's too late to stop it, if it was ever possible.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

Auletto (12-23-2009),Mendel's Balls (12-28-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    Yes, global warming is part of a traceable natural cycle. What difference does that make? Human activities have shown signs of speeding up that cycle--not causing it. The problem is that this is a natural disaster on an unprecedented scale. Slowing it down may give people (and wildlife) just a bit more time to deal with it.

Some of the ways wildlife is coping is fascinating. Polar bears aren't going to survive this, but they have a 'plan'--they're hybridizing with the grizzly bears they were believed to have evolved from in the first place. These 'grolers' will be able to survive the warming as they lose their reflective fur coat, and are able to eat a wider variety of available foods. Since we now understand that natural hybridization is part of evolution, it's really a wonder to see it in action.

What gets me is that they are promoting the fiction that we can stop the global warming cycle. They're expecting us to forget what scientists already said when they first REALLY identified it--it's too late to stop it, if it was ever possible.
    Since the other planets in our solar system are experiencing the same exact rate of warming as Earth, how do you explain that? There are no humans there speeding up that process.

The guy on the radio last night swearing global warming was all man made couldn't answer it either and ducked and dodged that question pretty well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

neilgolli (12-23-2009),Swingline0.0.1 (12-23-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I just don't under stand how people love to ignore the fact that man is destroying the planet. The industrial ways of being is going to be the down fall of our way of life. If people don't try to scare the public no one will care or do anything to change their behavior.

I would think people here care about nature more so that the rest of the public. Politics aside in another 100 years or so, man kind is going to be in big trouble if we stay on this path.

I just watched a film on the big business of water, called Blue Gold. That's just another issues which the nay-sayers will say is another demarcate scare tactic.

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Dont get me wrong....I am one of the biggest tree huggers/animal huggers out there as my husband calls it. (not much of a ppl hugger but that is another story). I do believe in conservation....I do believe in cleaning things up and I do believe we need to stop destroying areas ...ie the rain forest. HOWEVER with that being said....I do NOT want to be scared into something. Lets get the truth and try to make things better. Don't tell me I am causing all of this global warming and killing this and killing that when it is a natural cycle. Do I want the polar bears to survive....OF COURSE! Do I want some stupid company telling my son that Santa might not make it cuz the north pole is melting to fast....give me a break!
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

This couldn't be any more real of a statement.

I hope the Lord returns before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpents_Den View Post
    911, the illegal wars, the destruction of our Constitution/ Bill of Rights, the global warming is a war against humanity to bring in their New World Order.

Thanks

So... this global warming/pet report is complete crap.
    1.0.0 - Normal BP (Mauricio)

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

http://www.ecohuddle.com/wiki/global-warming-myths

So, some of the other planets in the solar system are warming. Others are not. Which means this is not a universal trend with a single cause. Logic Fail in those who thought that it was--but don't feel too bad, you were SUPPOSED to think that.

Now, if we assume that global warming and cooling cycles happen, then at any given time, some planets will be warming, and others will be cooling or holding stable. One does not have to be a genius to figure that one out.
    Obviously the same cause is not at work in all of these cases. Especially not for distant little Pluto. People with an agenda will say things that sound great, and encourage listeners to make assumptions. In this case, the assumption is that because some of the planets in our solar system are warming, all of them are warming and there is a central cause. That assumption is wrong.

Dissect what you hear CRITICALLY. Every bit of it. Because both sides are leaving out important information, and if you don't question it, you'll be led like a sheep, and you won't be able to make up your own mind from a knowledgeable position.

Now, for the folks in Florida who want to enjoy a frost-free lifestyle, that comes with a side dish of giant hurricanes--dig in.

Why would we think the earth might be cooling back in the 70s? Ignorance. we mistook the signs of global warming for global cooling. It's not hard to do that, because global warming causes some areas to experience colder winters.

The problem is that predicting average temperature rises in the South doesn't take into consideration the fact that winters may be colder, which would prevent tropical snakes from establishing. So, there is no need to attack global warming to refute the bs about the snakes expanding their colonization.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

Mendel's Balls (12-28-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

As recent threads on this forum have demonstrated; whether Democrat or Republican, Global Warming Advocate or Skeptic, Liberal or Conservative ... pet owners are all very divided. The good news is that we all share something very unique. We share a special understanding of the way an animal can touch our lives and the lives of others.

As most already know, for the first time in history, our future is uncertain. The global counter culture against "human ownership" of animals for decades has slowly and consistently made great strides to advance their agenda. That movement is now poised to begin taking action on their 50 year strategy to eliminate the ownership of animals from pet pythons to dogs and cats, cattle to chickens, fish to spiders.

If we can choose to put aside our differences and be united against those who seek to take our pets, we will defeat them. There is a new future coming for pet owners and it involves activism, responsibility, and social good ... we must take control of our own destiny.

Blessings,

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

2kdime (12-23-2009),cardell75 (12-24-2009),Custom Exotics (12-23-2009),Stewart_Reptiles (12-23-2009)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast