I am new to breeding and selling so want to do best by the people who purchase my animals. I have gotten through everything so far quite well. Starting with learning to care for snakes then focusing on the ball python and its breeding habits and genetics. I have gotten past the getting babies to eat, sexing them yadda yadda yadda. I finally bred my first clutch and now has come the time to sell some babies. I have built a webpage so customers can view whats available and see pics of the parents etc. I would like to create some policies and post them on this site. I want to be fair and flexable with people but also want to be fair to myself and to the animals.

I am not in a get rich quick scheme so have my animals priced in the middle. Some people sell them high becuase they are big breeders, or they have great lineage, or are just a really great looking animal. Then there are those I see selling animals dirt cheap just to move them out quick. I care where they go but also know I am new so I figure priceing them accordingly so that I am not attracting people looking for cheap snakes but still able to sell them.

I also decided that for things like christmas I will have sales.
So this is what I figure I would like to do as far as policies go. Keep in mind I am in canada as well so pricing differs here as well as shipping animals can be more difficult due to weather.

To start I want to have a payment plan available. I figured if there is interest in an animal I will hold it for 14 days to allow for money transfers, check clearing etc. After 14 days I would require a 20% non refundable deposit. Then I will list the animal as sold and hold it for 60 days. After 60 days I would require another 20% towards the animal. I thought after that I need a payment every 30 days and after 3 months I would add the cost of feeding the animal. I figure for animals that are selling for low prices that after a certain amount of time I would be losing money to feed it.
I thought I would give a buyer 6 months to pay off an animal that is 500 or less and 1 year for animals worth over 500. After this time due to the fact that these animals are worth more when they are getting bigger I would want them paid off. I dont want to raise peoples snakes for them and then having them buy a near breeding size animal for the price of a hatchling.
As far as sale animals go I would omit the 2 weeks to hold them for free, meaning I would require the deposit right away to hold the animal.
I also want to give a health guarantee of 30 days. I however do not want to give a feeding guarantee other than they are established on either live or f/t while in my care. I want this as a policy since some people may not house the animal properly.
I also want my health guarantee void if the animal is not quaratined. Not sure how I would enforce this. How would one know if they quarantine it or not.

Also for now I am having pick up only until I have generated some income to purchase proper shipping supplies. This policy I will change over time to where I will hopefully be able to provide local delivery and canada wide shipping.

anyhow this is what I have though of so far. Any suggestions on anything I should add or remove or change.