Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,533

0 members and 2,533 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: How to detect MBD in a leopard gecko?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf64 View Post
    I make all my animals first in my life. (other than human family lol)

I would say i am a beginner/intermediate reptile keeper. Ive done TONS of research on almost every herp haha espesialy the ones i have. I think for xmas im going to get my leo a separate thermostat that can be used for both leos. And my BP can have hers all to herself

so im going to get that calcium/vitamin pouder(dusted every other feeding), and all the new supplies for the new leo.

thanks for the help!

also, can you look at my other post about "what wattage bulb to use"? im a little confused haha
    You're welcome!

My suggestion would to be to get another UTH. I never use bulbs so I can't help you on the wattage thing. If you set up the tank see how hot the UTH is running unregulated through your substrate. If you don't want to buy another thermostat then just buy a rheostat (Dimmer) from a hardware store. It's not as nice as a thermostat but it's cheaper and will do the trick, just make sure to monitor the temperatures a little more closely.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coldblooded View Post
    You're welcome!

My suggestion would to be to get another UTH. I never use bulbs so I can't help you on the wattage thing. If you set up the tank see how hot the UTH is running unregulated through your substrate. If you don't want to buy another thermostat then just buy a rheostat (Dimmer) from a hardware store. It's not as nice as a thermostat but it's cheaper and will do the trick, just make sure to monitor the temperatures a little more closely.
    Well...i really dont want to use another UTH lol.. if you had a guess, what wattage bulb would u say i should use? if you dont kno its ok

also, if you say Marcia's leos are that good, could i take a chance and not QT? I didnt QT my BP when i got her and there all fine.

Thanks

Well...i really dont want to use another UTH lol.. if you had a guess, what wattage bulb would u say i should use? if you dont kno its ok

also, if you say Marcia's leos are that good, could i take a chance and not QT? I didnt QT my BP when i got her and there all fine.
    I still stand firm on getting another UTH. They provide better heat and it's safer. Why do you not want to use it?

Yes, Marcia has amazing animals but you should still always QT. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I won't deviate from that answer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coldblooded View Post
    I still stand firm on getting another UTH. They provide better heat and it's safer. Why do you not want to use it?

Yes, Marcia has amazing animals but you should still always QT. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I won't deviate from that answer
    The reason i dont want to use one is because i would have to buy another thermostat. But i would buy one anyway so i guess ill just go with a UTH. What do you reccomend? I have an Alife 1000 thermostat right now for my leo and BP and it is pretty good. Ive always wanted a ranco but cant afford one lol.

beside the point, i am also interested in getting a pacman frog. im still deciding between the leo and that. it might take me a week or so to decide lol

and i wont skip the QT no matter what i get

Thanks

The reason i dont want to use one is because i would have to buy another thermostat. But i would buy one anyway so i guess ill just go with a UTH. What do you reccomend? I have an Alife 1000 thermostat right now for my leo and BP and it is pretty good. Ive always wanted a ranco but cant afford one lol.

beside the point, i am also interested in getting a pacman frog. im still deciding between the leo and that. it might take me a week or so to decide lol

and i wont skip the QT no matter what i get
    Like I said in an earlier post, if you don't want to get another thermostat get a rheostat (dimmer). They are cheaper but you will have to monitor your temperatures more closely. I don't have a particular thermostat that I prefer. I use a few off brand ones that work well enough and I also use rheostats. I have a few tanks that run unregulated as well.

Thanks

Unhappy Re: How to detect MBD in a leopard gecko?

I was wondering the same about mine. I had two but one of mine died two days ago and I'm trying tofigure out what is wrong with this one. I took her to the pet store and I was told that she is water bloated. she appears to be more pulling herself with her front legs.

Thanks

Feed phoenix worms and leave a calcium dish in the enclosure and you shouldn't have to worry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123