Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,224

0 members and 3,224 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Exclamation Another great idea to fight the pending ban!!

So we are calling, writing, faxing, our reps, the president, HSUS, the press etc..

Here is one more we can do. Right here on this site we have an exotics vets list that we are asked to add to if we have had a good experience with a local exotics vet and our herps.. We need to contact every one of these in the USA.

These are the people who will know best, the type of impact this ban will have. Contact your veterinarians and let them know what is going on. Print up the emails from USARK's reptile nation forums, and the ones from here showing all the facts, numbers & fax numbers, email addresses etc.. We need to compile a small collection of paperwork to show the most important aspects and forward it to our vets. I have personally talked to 2 vets in my area and a vet tech friend I have has also been spreading the word for months now..

Let them know and ask them for their help. These people love reptiles or they would not be in that profession. They can vouch for the economic affects this bill will have. They can vouch for the fact that the snakes named are not a threat to us or the USA. They can help with the scientific aspect because they are Dr's that work with these animals everyday in what would be considered a stressful environment & experience for the animal. They know these animals inside and out and their opinion may count more than the general publics.

They can vouch for the care we provide our animals and the cost that goes into caring for them.. Etc etc..

So get to it. There are still so many people out there that can help us. So what if the bill is now on its way the congress. Dont get discouraged. Hundreds of bills never get passed once they reach congress so we still have fighting chance.

Thanks

Re: Another great idea to fight the pending ban!!

I dont really think it matters what anyone tells congress at this point. The Dems get their money from HSUS and other liberal rags that all want the ban. Thats all they care about...money and power. Unfortunately HSUS has far more money behind them. Look at the health care bill....overwhelmingly the public is against it, but it will get shoved down our throats anyways. Only thing really left to do is voice your opinion with your vote in 11 months

Having said that I have wrote the letters, and spread the word to the best of my ability. I urge everyone to do the same.