Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,301

5 members and 2,296 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

I just read super worms wont turn into Beatles if they are kept as a group?

Is this True?

Thanks

Re: I just read super worms wont turn into Beatles if they are kept as a group?

Quote Originally Posted by reptidude1 View Post
    Is this True?
    It's true.

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks

DAMNITTTTTTTTT Then how will i get these guys to become beetles to breed? Do i actually have to buy the beetles? This dosent happen with mealworms tho right?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reptidude1 View Post
    DAMNITTTTTTTTT Then how will i get these guys to become beetles to breed? Do i actually have to buy the beetles? This dosent happen with mealworms tho right?

You answered your own question. Just do the opposite of what your thread says dummy.

Thanks

Step 1- Get a bunch of dixie cups.
    Step 2- Put one superworm in each cup.
    Step 3- Beetles.
    Zack

Asking dumb questions is easier than fixing dumb mistakes.

Thanks

I have kept superworms as worms for a year.
    If you want them to pupate you nees to seperate them. Put one worm in a pill bottle size conatainer with dirt, it will soon pupate. Once its a beetle then you can put the beetles together to breed.
    1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

Thanks

bout how long will it take for them to pupate? (i picked out the fattest ones in my bunch)
    Also should i just feed the beetles the same thing as i feed the worms?
    And do mealworms need to be separated?
    One more question.... how many beetles should i start with to form a colony?
    Last edited by reptidude1; 12-05-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks

BumP.......

Thanks

Never mind i got it

Thanks

I know you said you got it but I wanted to note something anyways. Something that many people use is the weekly pill set boxes called "medisets". You know, the ones that are about 7 inches long, 1 inch high and 1 inch deep and have the letters on the top......oh heck....here is a picture.

http://www.sfaf.org/files/site1/imag...04_mediset.jpg

They have ones like that but are for like a month so it has like 30 compartments. Well people use those to change their worms into beetles.

Just a suggestion for you or anyone else who finds this thread looking for help. Sorry about the slight thread digging.

Oh speaking of digging.....never heard of putting dirt in with them.

**Edit to add

Oh and about separating meal worms. I read that you needed to but it turns out you don't. I bought 25 at the pet store, tossed them into my colony box and they have been morphing on their own quite well. Think I am up to around 15 beetles with several more morphing on the top of the substrate.
    Last edited by dr del; 04-14-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: hotlinking I'm afraid but a link to it is fine ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast