Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,133

1 members and 3,132 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

maybe I'm paranoid

I got my ball python about 5 months ago, I haven't owned one in a couple years. I have everything set up but about three weeks ago my thermostat decided to stop working for a night and the temps got a little low. Long story he threw up his meal from a couple days before. Even though it was probably the temps he was in the vets the next day, she checked everything internal parasites, mites, mouth rot, scale rot etc. She came to the conclusion that it was probably just the temps too.

He's eaten two times since then and everything's been normal since (I also got a new thermostat), I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that my boy isn't going to tip over on me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: maybe I'm paranoid

Hi,

Sounds like you have already covered all the bases to me.

I'd feel quite reassured by the fact he has had two trouble free feedings since - the thing you really have to worry about is repeated regurging as that puts a lot more strain on the animals system than a single incident.

I would just keep an eye on him in case he shows any signs of an RI but I certainly wouldn't be expecting to see any or worrying about it unduly.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

qui_65 (11-27-2009)