Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,183

0 members and 3,183 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

What is it with people?!

These days, they just got no respect for anybody!

You see them in the early morning traffic, cutting you off without even putting on their blinker or even showing slight possibility of merging to your lane...

You see them at work, drinking the whole pot of coffee you just made and they won't even bother making another batch.

You see them on the internet, hiding behind their computer as if they know everything about herps or a just a general topic being discussed and think they run this world, as if they're owed something?

Just ranting here... but some people deserve a beating.

Thanks

Re: What is it with people?!

It will do you very little to learn that other people feel the same way, but I'm sure that most of us feel like this most of the time.

Add in that most people are doing these things, and even if they do it once in a week then, well, there you go, you have hundreds of thousands of people doing this one time within a week and you have a statistical likelihood that it will happen to you. And that one time is a very very low estimate used only for pointing out how likely it will happen, most of us probably do this dozens of times a day without realizing it.

But we hear you, and we all feel the same way, and it would be nice if everyone tried to be conscious about their actions, but people mess up. And hey I'd take that every day over having a broken heart or being mugged.

You just got to take all that bad, dish out some good, and hope that that good leads others to do the same.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks

i know right.im in middle school and my peers are just down right disrespectful.im am from tennesse.and the town i lived in would not tolrate that at all.i have respect for my elders,respect for others and respect for my self. none of them have any respect.so you aint alone

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

All you can do is try to surround yourself with ppl that are not like that!! Treat those individuals that do those things with an "overly nice demeanor" and hope it catches on!!! And last but not least ....if ppl are just like this and there is nothing you can do for them....just stay far far away!!

I had an interesting situation happen to me with my husbands daughters...they are 24 and 17. I have been trying to help these girls and give them everything for 8 years...even moved them into our house and gave them a car...gave them pretty much everything they could want. They never did have any respect for me ...no matter what I did I would hear ...this isn't your house...not your money...not your cars...its Dads. Not to mention being called every horrible name in the book. And the way they treated my son was terrible!!! The final straw was when the 17 yr old assaulted me in front of my 9 yr old and my 83 yr old mother. Threw me up against a wall..yada yada. At that point I was DONE. I had to realize that no matter what I did ...these girls would never like me. For that matter I don't even think they liked my husband....I always saw them disrespecting him and just trying to get more money and more stuff from him. Well long story a little shorter....they were kicked out and cut off a couple of months ago. Done!! No more.

I guess the moral of the story is all you can do is try to help ppl see their ways and if they don't and continue to be disrespectful then you need to get away from them. I feel it is toxic!! I refuse to surround myself or my family with ppl like that ....I don't want the example for my son nor do I want any of that to "rub" off on us.

Ok sorry for the long post...clearly I needed to vent...
    Last edited by BPelizabeth; 11-25-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revxus View Post
    These days, they just got no respect for anybody!

You see them in the early morning traffic, cutting you off without even putting on their blinker or even showing slight possibility of merging to your lane...

You see them at work, drinking the whole pot of coffee you just made and they won't even bother making another batch.

You see them on the internet, hiding behind their computer as if they know everything about herps or a just a general topic being discussed and think they run this world, as if they're owed something?

Welcome to the United States of America my friend. This is why BG likes to spend so much time out of it nowadays.

As far as your last comment. Big Gunns doesn't think he's "owed" anything.

Thanks

Pardon my cynicism, but what more do you expect from a human being?
    ]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by revxus View Post

"Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts

I am an optomistic typically but one of my favorite quotes is..." One of humanity's biggest problems is, you cant take the "people" out of people." It especially holds true to the way things are today in the "ME" generation we live in.
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Thanks

The reason we live in the ME generation is because of how parents and schools have been raising children. Constantly trying to boost a child's self esteem and telling them they're "special" does nothing more than create a narcissism disorder. People with high self esteem are less likely to succeed in life because they lack motivation.

Interestingly enough this generation has the highest known levels of narcissism of any generation ever studied, and quite possibly ever seen in human existence.

This all factors into why this generation most likely will be the only generation as a whole that will be less successful and will earn less than its parent generation.

Its okay, though, the next generation is more likely to do better because while schools may still be making them feel that they're "special" a whole bunch of narcissistic parents sure as heck arent. But if you have kids for the love of all that is good and holy don't tell them they're special, make them work hard, and discipline them without violence (I said without violence, you can still intimidate them).
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Banned
    Thanks

All good points, there. You all understand completely, but my anger and frustration is mainly focused on people I've met in this industry of herps, that they just think, no wait, they BELIEVE they know everything there is to know about herps and instead of encouraging a new generation of herp enthusiasts, the youth who will either make or break this hobby depends on those older, knowledgeable folk who instead of arguing and debating over who's right and wrong should be helping these younger fellas to become responsible reptile keepers.

This is only one scenario, I could go on for pages on this thread alone to talk about the many things I see wrong with people and their habits today... but for now, I mean... this is why we see people selling illegally, trading illegally, collecting illegally and to top it all off, what have WE done as a community to discourage this?

I myself am not perfect, and I've had my share of faults due to ignorance but c' mon, let's be mature and responsible. Instead of pointing the finger and blame those who don't know any better, why don't YOU do something about it and turn something negative into something positive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast