Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,213

0 members and 3,213 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texting/Calling

Thanks

Texting/Calling

I see people on their phones all the time, every where I go. Whether it's texting or calling, I see it everyday. Most of the time I don't have any minutes on my phone, which means I can't call or text anyone, which is fine with me. I actually don't text much anymore anyway, so having no minutes doesn't bother me, but it would for sure bother other people. A few people have told me they couldn't go anywhere without their phone, nor could they even live to have no minutes, and don't know how I manage to not have minutes on my phone. I don't really like texting anymore, but calling is fine, though I don't talk on the phone much anymore.

Do you use your phone a lot (text/call) intentionally to talk, or do you only use it when you need to?
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Re: Texting/Calling

Ive always hated phones. I never wanted a cell phone when I was a teenager and I hated when I would date a girl and she would ask for my number I couldnt stand talking to them on the phone. I actually feel asleep on the phone with one girl because she wasnt talking but it would upset her if I wanted to hang up lol. I HATE when my grandmother calls me. I love the woman to DEATH but good lord she wants to talk for like an hour about the dumbest things lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    I see people on their phones all the time, every where I go. Whether it's texting or calling, I see it everyday. Most of the time I don't have any minutes on my phone, which means I can't call or text anyone, which is fine with me. I actually don't text much anymore anyway, so having no minutes doesn't bother me, but it would for sure bother other people. A few people have told me they couldn't go anywhere without their phone, nor could they even live to have no minutes, and don't know how I manage to not have minutes on my phone. I don't really like texting anymore, but calling is fine, though I don't talk on the phone much anymore.

Do you use your phone a lot (text/call) intentionally to talk, or do you only use it when you need to?
    When I need to and that fairly often but job related. Are you referring to kids or adults. I would guess that most adults, unless they just have nothing but free time (ie. no job, in which case their time should probably be spent looking for one instead of chatting on a phone), use phones for work related conversations. Now kids with phones that chat or text all the time...well that is a different story and I have an opinion on that as well. However I won't get into that lest I might offend someone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    Ive always hated phones. I never wanted a cell phone when I was a teenager and I hated when I would date a girl and she would ask for my number I couldnt stand talking to them on the phone. I actually feel asleep on the phone with one girl because she wasnt talking but it would upset her if I wanted to hang up lol. I HATE when my grandmother calls me. I love the woman to DEATH but good lord she wants to talk for like an hour about the dumbest things lol.
    I remember a while back when I didn't have a phone that I really wanted one and begged my mom. For my 12th Bday I got a phone (still have the same exact one). My sisters didn't get theirs until they were 16 and had their driver's license. I hear friends say, "I want a new phone so badly I hate mine." but I've had the same phone for over two years and I don't recall ever asking for a new phone. LOL Razrs rock anyway

Yeah whenever I have a boyfriend I hate talking on the phone, I just can't talk on the phone for a long time. It's either silent or they are talking to someone else that is actually near them. I haven't fallen asleep on the phone while talking to a boyfriend but I have fell asleep on the phone while talking to friends before LOL. I've even fallen asleep on Xbox Live while talking to friends (which happened the other night actually LOL, and that wasn't the first time it happened). And yeah, I don't like talking to family members on the phone either, they just talk about random stuff that gets really boring, and you know you wanna hang up but you don't wanna be rude LOL
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

ha I feel asleep on xbox live on night to lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

I have had a phone since I was a freshman in high school. I never really used it all that much. I text a decent amount. 500 per month. I don't really talk on the phone much except to my best friends and parents.

That being said, I bring my phone EVERYWHERE. I need to have it with me or else I feel naked. Not being able to be contacted kind of freaks me out. Especially when I am walking around at night...
    ~Steffe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    ha I feel asleep on xbox live on night to lol
    LOL, when I woke up the next morning I had my headset on, and that made me feel like a dork so I just pushed it off the couch and tried going back to sleep. I can't help not falling asleep while talking to people when I'm in a comfortable spot. I've also fallen asleep at my house on the couch while my friends were over LOL (they are my neighbors though).
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I have had a phone since I was a freshman in high school. I never really used it all that much. I text a decent amount. 500 per month. I don't really talk on the phone much except to my best friends and parents.

That being said, I bring my phone EVERYWHERE. I need to have it with me or else I feel naked. Not being able to be contacted kind of freaks me out. Especially when I am walking around at night...
    LOL I'm the same way, but even though I don't talk to anyone much I NEED my phone with me. I don't trust people alone with my phone, and I don't even let people see my phone. People love going through phones and looking at the messages, which is just not right. When someone lets me see their phone I don't go through their messages or pictures because I respect their privacy. Also I'm weird about having my phone at school, I never leave my backpack in the halls at lunch anymore, people are taking phones and iPods, even in the locker rooms during gym. So, I'm just not going to bring my phone to school LOL.
    Tiff'z Morphz

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I always have my phone with me. I text and use the internet on it the most. I use maybe 100 minutes a month I would say.
    At my last job, we were allowed to have our phones when I started, then after a year they tried to start making us keep them in our cars or give them to a manager, I quit shortly after.
    It's a security blanket, I don't want a family member to have to call someone else to get ahold of me in case of an emergency.
    Ryan
    1.0 Red Tail Boa- Sylvester
    0.0.1 Albino Banana Cal King- Tweetie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_Ryno View Post
    I always have my phone with me. I text and use the internet on it the most. I use maybe 100 minutes a month I would say.
    At my last job, we were allowed to have our phones when I started, then after a year they tried to start making us keep them in our cars or give them to a manager, I quit shortly after.
    It's a security blanket, I don't want a family member to have to call someone else to get ahold of me in case of an emergency.
    I used to be a text-addict, but now I just don't care much for it anymore. I agree that you should have it in case of an emergency or someone trying to get ahold of you because of an emergency. That's why I always keep my phone on at school LOL, I keep it on vibrate though, never on the loudest it can be.. that's what got it taken away last year during class
    Tiff'z Morphz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast