Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,843

1 members and 2,842 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,138
Threads: 248,586
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, BertsMum

View Poll Results: rating bp's

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

18 20.69%
  • Bad idea

5 5.75%
  • doesn't bother you

38 43.68%
  • annoyed

26 29.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Rating ball pythons

Well it seems like the new thing on here is posting bp's and having people rate them. Just want to see if you guys like the idea. I think i like the idea, I know its just a personnel opion. I think it gives a general consence of the quilty of your bp's what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Henry; 11-14-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    0.1amel,corn, 1.0 spider,0.2normal,0.1lemon,1.1 het albino,1.0 mojave,0.1redtail
    http://www.cuckooreptiles.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: Rating ball pythons

Doesn't bother me at all. If it makes the OP happy to post it then I am all for it
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

I am getting so sick of seeing this. Yea i know i can ignore it, but it seems like everywhere i am i happen to see it.

Why would anybody purposely buy a snake that is low quality. If you happened to like it than why does it matter what other peoples opinions are, that's pretty much all you are getting.

The only thing worse, is when people get pissed when you post there snake is not "beautiful". Don't put bad example of the morph as a poll option if you cant take the criticism

Thanks

I think its getting kinda old so I don't even look at those threads any more but if others still like them it doesnt bother me.
    Click here to see My collection & Available> http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...2-08169f5b8efc

Thanks

I post on a chinchilla forum where there is an entire sub-forum dedicated to rating one's chin (it is called "Hot or Not" ). It's a "just for fun" thing, but still a popular feature of the site.

Much of animal breeding involves breeding to a standard that is accepted by a large chunk of that animal's fanciers. Granted, in the case of chinchillas and other mammals, there is an actual, set, written standard that one can adhere to. With ball pythons, there isn't one, so all you really have to go by is what impresses you the most when buying (and/or whether or not you can afford that animal ).

So, basically, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting to find out if others agree with your assessment of your animal ... As long as you don't go ditching an animal that you like just because it got a "low score" on a completely meaningless online poll.

Thanks

I don't mind the idea. I think everyone likes to be told they have a nice animal, but I think it's like asking your wife/husband how this shirt looks. Most will say "looks good".

My only annoyance is that I like to use the "Active Threads From The Forums" (last 15 posts) on the main page to keep updated daily on recent threads, but it's quickly becoming clogged with "rate my snake" posts.

So, let me rate your snake psychically, no picture required...Hmm.. shh. ok.. "It's beautiful, but then again I see beauty in every snake."

Rick
    Richard Sisco
    SiscoReptiles.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

i think its a bad idea, i mean you can't tell someone it got a low score or you'd be insensitive. just post pictures of your snake and leave it that, people will tell you what they think, if its low quality there will be very few replys with standard comments simple as that.

i really don't think you should have to ask it eigher, you should know where your animal stands, unless your really not familiar with the morph, but then if you ask me you shouldn't have bought the animal, if thats what your worried about.

but i know where my animals stand
    1.0 Lesser 4, hes great example but still has dark spots that might fade (im hoping)
    0.1 Albino 3, she still keeping contrast well, but besides that just average
    0.1 Pastel 3, her color is awesome but very dirty pattern
    0.1 Pinstripe 2, run of the mill pin, doesn't have any of the high orange color or anything so yea, light colored atleast
    0.3 Normal 2 are 2's, partial stripes bout all they got going for them and the other has a intresting pattern kinda reduced so ill say 3
    1.1 Jungle Carpet both 4, not trophys but yellow is close to it
    1.0 Jag IJ Carpet 4, again not trophy, but she has alot of growing to do
    0.0.1 ATB easy 5, 95% red what more can you say, just a little white on her/his chin and neck, no pattern.

but i bet you anything if i made a rate thread, I'd get all 4's and 5's. someone might try to be somewhat honest and throw a 3 in there for the ones i would call 2's. should we run an experiment?

Thanks

Every body loves their own snakes..its OK if you can handle criticism..I love seeing others collections though
    Bruce

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have noticed that they seem to be popping up like crazy! It doens't bother me. I think a "hot or not" thread would be kind of fun I do find it hard to be honest and tell people what I really think.....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likebull1 View Post
    I am getting so sick of seeing this. Yea i know i can ignore it, but it seems like everywhere i am i happen to see it.

Why would anybody purposely buy a snake that is low quality. If you happened to like it than why does it matter what other peoples opinions are, that's pretty much all you are getting.

The only thing worse, is when people get pissed when you post there snake is not "beautiful". Don't put bad example of the morph as a poll option if you cant take the criticism
    x2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast