Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,164

3 members and 3,161 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy Huge problem, scared, don't know what to do...

We are in some real trouble. My partner is unable to get unemployment money...so we have NOTHING. We've been applying for jobs, of course, but haven't heard a thing yet. To make a long and sad story short, we have no money at all.

This means that I don't have the means to feed my snakes! I currently only have enough frozen rats left for one more week...
    Not to mention the payment on the storage room for all our stuff, and the credit card bills, and food and utilities help. I have never been closer to a nervous breakdown in my life than I am now.

Sorry to have depressed anyone...I guess I just needed to get that out. And of course, any suggestions on what the heck we can do are most appriciated, as are words of comfort. I need them. I need something...
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Re: Huge problem, scared, don't know what to do...

Wow I am so sorry, and very sorry that I do not have any solutions. The best I can say is save every penny you get. I really hope you can get a job soon, this is pretty darn serious.

You can try to get a loan, but then again you would have to pay back however much you were loaned.
    Tiff'z Morphz

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

Thanks

Thanks. Just the condolences are a help, really.

Paying back isn't really the problem, since we already have several thousands in college loans to pay back. I would get another loan if I could... but you have to have an income or major collateral (house or car) to get one. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argentra View Post
    We are in some real trouble. My partner is unable to get unemployment money...so we have NOTHING. We've been applying for jobs, of course, but haven't heard a thing yet. To make a long and sad story short, we have no money at all.

This means that I don't have the means to feed my snakes! I currently only have enough frozen rats left for one more week...
    Not to mention the payment on the storage room for all our stuff, and the credit card bills, and food and utilities help. I have never been closer to a nervous breakdown in my life than I am now.

Sorry to have depressed anyone...I guess I just needed to get that out. And of course, any suggestions on what the heck we can do are most appriciated, as are words of comfort. I need them. I need something...
    Ouch that bites .Is it possible the snakes could skip a week until something might come up? Keep positive thoughts things will come around
    Joe Haggard

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

Thanks

Thanks. Just the condolences are a help, really.

Paying back isn't really the problem, since we already have several thousands in college loans to pay back. I would get another loan if I could... but you have to have an income or major collateral (house or car) to get one. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.
    Well, you'll pull through this somehow. Just keep yourself in a positive mood. Keeping yourself in a positive mood almost always helps you get through something. Having down thoughts doesn't really help out all that much, so normally when something tragic happens to me I try to stay in a good mood and be positive. It seems to really work out
    Tiff'z Morphz

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

Thanks

Sorry that you're going through that, I would just say to apply to every possible place available, even if it's sort of a drive. I've learned that If you apply to a place online (I don't know where you've been applying to...but even a grocery store or restaurant in this situation would help income for now) like I did for the grocery store near me, you need to go to the store the next day and ask to talk to the store's ESR (Employee Service Representative) and tell them you just wanted to confirm that they recieved your application. Usually at this point they'll check and see that they did and set up an interview if anything is available, but when you don't come to see them, chances of them calling you are very low.

Hope you get through this well. Best wishes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Imabur. For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

Thanks

A question to honestly ask yourself, are you applying everywhere?

Sometimes pride has to be put aside. Even if it's fast food an minimum wage.
    -Paul-

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soterios For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I am beyond sorry to hear that and I truely do wish you the best. I know when I was almost homeless I donated. You could donate various bodilly fluids..... It isn't the best pay but it is money. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Tom

14. The Following User Says Thank You to T&C Exotics For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

Thanks

I know in some places it is harder to get a job, this is true. I agree with an earlier poster and say that you should really apply everywhere, even if its not what you want to do. Going out and getting a job isn't that hard as long as you show the employer you mean business and don't mess around. At least that way you can have some income coming in with in a few weeks.

Stephen.
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

16. The Following User Says Thank You to steveboos For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

Thanks

About 6 years ago, when I was struggling, I had to determine what my needs vs. wants were; when things are good the line between the two gets blurred because excess funds allows for such latitude. I also went to work at Pizza Hut, and while it was a hard pill to swallow at 33 years old (at the time) I had money every night from tips and it felt good to have money on a daily basis. What I am getting at is, snakes are a luxury item and in the hierarchy of needs, they are very low, so I would say, sell the snakes and take care of yourselves first. When things get better, and they should, these things can be gotten again.
    bpherp.com - Breeder of ball python morphs & genetic mutations

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BPHERP For This Useful Post:

Argentra (11-10-2009)

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast